Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester and New York. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us.
Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
We are looking for a Marketing Analytics Lead to become an integral member of our Insights team, and lead our team’s pillar of Marketing Analysts. You will own and execute the development of a roadmap to ensure we have appropriate measurement options for our marketing channels and therein shape and optimise marketing and growth strategies. You will be a thought partner for growth initiatives and help marketing focused teams make better-informed, insight-led decisions.
- Managing the team of marketing analysts: managing 3-5 marketing analysts of varying seniority
- Translating business problems into an actionable roadmap: you have deep knowledge of marketing analytics, across brand marketing, CRM, and performance marketing, and the tools used to approach these problems (attribution methodologies including last touch and multi-touch, incrementality testing). You’ve been in a hands-on, advanced analytics role in the past before moving into a leadership role
- Tooling: you will ensure we have the setup in place to track the right metrics, assessing new tools if needed and managing relations with our existing analytics & BI tool providers
- Supporting teams with data & analysis: you will work with multidisciplinary teams (marketing, product, etc.) to provide insights and support as and when needed; you will also make recommendations backed by insights to relevant stakeholders that will help grow our business
- Coaching: you will be a champion of insight-driven decision-making in the business and coach people on all things metrics.
- You will have a track record of hiring and developing a team of high performing analysts
- Strong proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large datasets
- The ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply with a variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- An analytical mind with good problem-solving skills and a love of numbers
- Analytical experience across digital marketing channels such as CRM, Performance Marketing (paid social, google shopping, PLAs) and Search Engine Optimisation.
- Commercial awareness and a proactive attitude to make a difference and drive impact
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity and a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature
- Experience with mobile attribution
- Experience with visualisation tools like Looker
Bonus points for:
- Having a fascination with consumer-facing mobile-first products
- A love of fashion and understanding of the Depop community
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile-first environment or on social products
- Familiarity with tools like Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Branch etc
- Understanding of Python and some command over ETL scripts
- Experience of working with martech or data engineering teams
- Experience measuring ATL campaigns, brand and influencer activities
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.