Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
Our DNA defines the essence of our company as an employer– how we are unique and what matters to us.
Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager, the successful candidate shall be mainly responsible for the Employee cost line of the management accounts preparation, assisting the other Management Accountant with Revenue calculations, monthly reconciliations and general support to the other roles within the wider finance team. This role will be challenging as your multiple priorities will change as we operate in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We’re looking for an experienced, practical individual who is prepared to work as part of a team but have a good level of autonomy.
The core aspects of the role include:
- Assist the other management accountant with revenue preparation, analysis for P&L comparison.
- Ownership of the Employee Cost Lines In the P&L.
- Review the payroll files before processing in the bank for payment
- Ensure the accuracy of the P&L and month end and quarter end close.
- Calculate and post month end journals including accruals, payrolls, inter-company journals.
- Ensure the integrity of all Balance Sheet reconciliations and reporting (mainly Payroll related accounts)
- Assist in preparation of different tax returns including VAT, GST, MFT and IOSS.
- Continuous review of high-risk Balance Sheet items and escalation to Senior Finance Manager as necessary
- Assisting the team in making sure all the risks controls are in place and SOX compliant.
- Assistance in Year End Audit requirements
- Assist the team with mini projects and implementations.
- Assist in Finance ad-hoc projects as required
- Professional Qualifications: ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Excellent eye for detail and organisational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to users at all levels within the organisation and with the ability to influence and manage stakeholders in order to achieve objectives
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with the ability to operate autonomously, effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrates the ability to constantly review and improve processes
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Excel.
- Experience in high growth business.
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.