3–4 days/week at home
A little flex time
Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments.
The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester and New York. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us. Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
- Support the development and implementation of a 2023 strategy to ignite sign-ups, users and sessions growth through the community of sellers, influencers and power buyers
- Define testing platform for affiliate criteria, incentives structure, comms and engagement strategy
- Develop and implement internal processes and workflows (XFN + affiliate platforms)
- Develop a content plan and communicate best practices and relevant trends to the participating affiliates
- Identify, reach out and negotiate with selected influencers, sellers and power buyers. Build deals with fixed remuneration + affiliate scheme, including content boosting
- Run analysis and present insights/learnings on the types of affiliates and types of content that deliver the highest ROI
- Support influencers, sellers, power buyers and top affiliates to create engaging content. Educate and inspire affiliates on what type of content to promote on their channel, and what drives conversions
- Identify potential affiliates outside of the immediate seller/digital influencer community and develop a sequenced testing plan
- Identify new ways to engage with affiliate audience to improve share of voice and/or ROI further and expand the programme
- Work closely with product, paid marketing, CRM
- Experience in a fashion startup or marketplace
- Understanding of second-hand fashion and trends
- Ability to identify new and upcoming trends and translate them into actionable insights
- Experience working with sellers and/or influencers, experience in deal management and negotiation
- Self-starter and problem solver.
- Able to work in a highly independent environment where the pace of change can be high
- Test & learn mentality
- Results and outcomes-driven with a proven track record in the space
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with the ability to mobilise multiple stakeholders in the same direction
- Strong communicator, including storytelling through data and ability to synthesise complex concepts for both Exec, operational teams and affiliate partners
- Strong engagement and creative thinking and ability to translate it into a structured plan
- Deep understanding of key social media platforms
- Insight into Millennial and Gen Z behaviours and attitudes
- Understanding of affiliate marketing and key players in the industry
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.
More roles at Depop
- Senior Manager Marketplace Integrity
- Senior iOS Engineer - Inspire
- iOS Engineer - Core Payments
- Engineer I - Android
- Platform Specialist (Zendesk)
- Head of Engineering (Data)
- Senior Vendor Analyst/Manager (6 month FTC)
- Senior Market & Audience Researcher
- Senior Platform Engineer
- Project Accountant - Finance Transformation (12month FTC)