As a Senior Solution Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing creative AI-driven solutions that help solve pressing business challenges. You will join a collaborative team of experts who are excited to build a platform to enable product teams and data scientists to build LLM applications. You will serve as a technical thought leader and partner to key stakeholders and drive the success of the Customer journey.
We are an AI startup that enables developers to build applications that use natural language as the interface to data. Our open-source framework Haystack is used by thousands of developers to build LLM applications. Our LLM platform, deepset Cloud, enables enterprises worldwide to unlock the potential of large language models for their business cases. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a continuously evolving and high-impact environment, and shape the AI space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "re:base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
In this role, you'll be at the heart of our Solution Engineering team, contributing to a wide range of responsibilities, including:
Solid experience using Python, especially for scripting.
Hands-on experience in NLP and Data Science, including model fine-tuning, data preprocessing, and other data science tasks.
Strong familiarity with current AI research and large language models.
Familiarity with our open-source framework Haystack, PyTorch, or HuggingFace.
Experience in designing and implementing information retrieval systems using embeddings (e.g., MiniLM), vector stores (e.g., Faiss, PineCone, Vespa), or similarity match & ranking techniques.
Familiarity with search databases such as OpenSearch and ElasticSearch.
An ability to think on your feet, troubleshoot technical issues, and provide creative solutions is crucial. You should be a resourceful, and pragmatic problem-solver.
You should have excellent customer relationship skills and understand the importance of ensuring our clients are happy and successful. This involves having experience in working and communicating effectively with external clients. Furthermore, you should be adept at tailoring your communication style to cater to the unique needs of various clients, including both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Being able to guide clients in their AI product journey, assisting with the technical setup of our product, and consulting on feature development will be part of your role.
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a coworking spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth are important to us. We have an annual learning and development budget, and also the opportunity to speak at conferences, internal knowledge sharing, and workshops.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, online walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person for special occasions.
- Re:base: We meet in person on a quarterly basis, because we believe it’s important to get to know each other. We have fruitful discussions, we hold workshops, we brainstorm together, and we have leisure activities and fun.
- You are an owner: All employees are enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid vacation and you earn an additional day for each year completed with deepset (up to 30 days).
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Pension fund and Health Insurance fitting with your main working location: All full-time employees are eligible for the pension plan. We also offer health, dental, and vision for employees in the US, in compliance with the local market.
- Travel Insurance: We want you to be secure during your travels. Therefore, we offer every employee additional travel insurance.
- Sports budget: To boost your health and well-being, we offer a monthly allowance for your sports activity.
- Dog-friendly: Our main co-working partner Mindspace welcomes dogs, so you can also bring your best friend to the office.
- Enhanced days off for Family Sick Leave: We offer additional days in case your child gets sick.
- Additional days off: We don't work on the 24th & the 31st of December.
- Flexible working hours: You can adapt your work to your private life.
What colleagues say
- “Like many others, I learned about deepset through the German Bert model. I'm proud to be part of a truly cutting-edge NLP company and excited to enable others to utilize our technology.” (Miriam Kümmel, Team Lead Solution Engineering)
- "I wanted to join an organization that checked off three essential attributes: leadership, culture, and product. deepset is at the tip of the spear in the ever-evolving NLP space and its direction includes a space where everyone's work collectively makes an impact. What is equally impressive is the genuine culture of collaboration and respect, all the while keeping an eye out on the mission of delivering a product that provides business value. I'm really excited about where we go from here." (Michael Solero, Account Executive in the U.S.)
We asked employees of deepset how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at deepset
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
We have "hubs" (i.e. place where more than one person lives) in Berlin, Krakow, Hamburg and Munich.