As a Senior People Operations Manager at deepset you will play an important role in setting an outstanding people experience. You will contribute to People and Operations teams to ensure the optimal circumstances for our international team to succeed.
We are an AI startup that empowers developers to build applications that use natural language as the interface to data. Our open-source framework Haystack is used by thousands of developers to build LLM applications. Our LLM platform, deepset Cloud, enables enterprises worldwide to unlock the potential of large language models for their business cases. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the AI space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "re:base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Act as a point of contact to employees for all People related matters
- Responsible for the end-to-end employee lifecycle:
- Taking care of the onboarding agenda and full set-up, looking for continuous optimization
- Pre-processing payroll data
- Administrating benefits
- Planning and executing internal events, such as our in-person company gatherings
- Ensuring records, contractual changes, and other people-related documentation are up-to-date
- Managing third-party subscriptions with external providers, such as LinkedIn, job boards, and ad hoc support to the Talent team
- Being accountable for People experience and rewards
- Handle overall employment-related inquiries, advising throughout complex and sensitive matters
- Continuously seek for processes improvement, to guarantee the best employee experience
- 4+ years of overall experience, having previously worked as a People Operations Manager, HR Manager, HR Generalist, or related role
- Fluent in English and German
- Experience overseeing benefits and pre-processing payroll
- Experience working with contracts such as employment agreements
- You have good project management skills and know how to prioritize tasks
- You thrive working in a dynamic environment where accuracy matters
- You are passionate about great employee experience, and anticipate others’ needs
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a coworking spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth are important to us. We have an annual learning and development budget, and also the opportunity to speak at conferences, internal knowledge sharing, and workshops.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, online walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person for special occasions.
- Re:base: We meet in person on a quarterly basis, because we believe it’s important to get to know each other. We have fruitful discussions, we hold workshops, we brainstorm together, and we have leisure activities and fun.
- You are an owner: All employees are enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid vacation and you earn an additional day for each year completed with deepset (up to 30 days).
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Pension fund and Health Insurance fitting with your main working location: All full-time employees are eligible for the pension plan. We also offer health, dental, and vision for employees in the US, in compliance with the local market.
- Travel Insurance: We want you to be secure during your travels. Therefore, we offer every employee additional travel insurance.
- Sports budget: To boost your health and well-being, we offer a monthly allowance for your sports activity.
- Dog-friendly: Our main co-working partner Mindspace welcomes dogs, so you can also bring your best friend to the office.
- Enhanced days off for Family Sick Leave: We offer additional days in case your child gets sick.
- Additional days off: We don't work on the 24th & the 31st of December.
- Flexible working hours: You can adapt your work to your private life.
What colleagues say
- "It always struck me how helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable everyone is — and how well they work as a team. deepset gets remote work right: encouraging employees to get together frequently for virtual coffee chats and in-person meetings to create an atmosphere of constant exchange and sincere support. And, of course, I love the mix of open source and business products; and the awesome products that come out of it: Haystack and deepset Cloud." (Isabelle, Technical Content Writer)
- “For me, deepset has it all: we are building a company with a fascinating product in a highly disruptive market and a great vision-driven team. I am proud to help build the future of NLP together!” (Anna, Head of Operations)
We asked employees of deepset how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at deepset
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
We have "hubs" (i.e. place where more than one person lives) in Berlin, Krakow, Hamburg and Munich.