The founding Sales Development Representative here at deepset will play an integral role in setting the stage for successful sales engagements. You will contribute to the continued growth and success of the sales team.
We are an AI startup that empowers developers to build applications that use natural language as the interface to data. Our open-source framework Haystack is used by thousands of developers to build LLM applications. Our LLM platform, deepset Cloud, enables enterprises worldwide to unlock the potential of large language models for their business cases. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the AI space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "re:base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
The founding SDR role is an opportunity to accelerate pipeline growth while having unlimited opportunities across a growing team. You are a motivated self-starter who thrives on challenges. You will own the top of the funnel and collaborate with folks across the GTM team. As the role is fully remote, you must have excellent communication and collaboration skills. You will work closely with the Director of Sales and the account executives to develop and improve funnel creation, learn the foundations of the sales cycle to close, and assist in account management. Lastly, this role allows someone with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us develop the culture and process of future SDR’s.
- Ideally, 1-2 years of SDR experience for a B2B technology company
- Fluent in German and English, with strong communication and relationship-building skills
- You will work directly with Sales Leadership to help optimize the sales process and define the culture for future SDR hires.
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision-makers at new accounts
- Craft targeted outreach approaches and collaborate with the sales leadership to source prospects and drive outbound prospecting activities
- Build a sales pipeline via daily sourcing and develop new and creative sales strategies and techniques
- Identify and utilize social media to build awareness and create an inbound pipeline.
- Set meetings with qualified prospects for a proper handoff to close.
- Manage and maintain prospective customer activity and information in Hubspot
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in cold-calling and cold-emailing
- Experience working with Hubspot or any other CRM
- Someone that excels at creating structure
- Someone that is ambitious and driven
- Someone who takes initiative and knows when to ask for help
- Performance, results driven team player who loves a challenge
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a coworking spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth are important to us. We have an annual learning and development budget, and also the opportunity to speak at conferences, internal knowledge sharing, and workshops.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, online walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person for special occasions.
- Re:base: We meet in person on a quarterly basis, because we believe it’s important to get to know each other. We have fruitful discussions, we hold workshops, we brainstorm together, and we have leisure activities and fun.
- You are an owner: All employees are enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid vacation and you earn an additional day for each year completed with deepset (up to 30 days).
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Pension fund and Health Insurance fitting with your main working location: All full-time employees are eligible for the pension plan. We also offer health, dental, and vision for employees in the US, in compliance with the local market.
- Travel Insurance: We want you to be secure during your travels. Therefore, we offer every employee additional travel insurance.
- Sports budget: To boost your health and well-being, we offer a monthly allowance for your sports activity.
- Dog-friendly: Our main co-working partner Mindspace welcomes dogs, so you can also bring your best friend to the office.
- Enhanced days off for Family Sick Leave: We offer additional days in case your child gets sick.
- Additional days off: We don't work on the 24th & the 31st of December.
- Flexible working hours: You can adapt your work to your private life.
What colleagues say
- "I joined deepset because I'm excited by the transformational opportunities that AI presents to businesses across all industries. Their commitment to fostering adoption in a technology-agnostic manner aligns with my vision for the future of AI, and ultimately, I'm excited to be a part of a team that shares these values." (Blake Yu, Director of Sales, Europe)
- "I wanted to join an organization that checked off three essential attributes: leadership, culture, and product. deepset is at the tip of the spear in the ever-evolving NLP space and its direction includes a space where everyone's work collectively makes an impact. What is equally impressive is the genuine culture of collaboration and respect, all the while keeping an eye out on the mission of delivering a product that provides business value. I'm really excited about where we go from here." (Michael Solero, Account Executive, U.S.)
We asked employees of deepset how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at deepset
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
We have "hubs" (i.e. place where more than one person lives) in Berlin, Krakow, Hamburg and Munich.