You'll directly impact the success of our SaaS platform for Large Language Model (LLM) Applications, deepset Cloud, to allow our users to build their own LLM features.
You'll join our cross-functional Platform team, and work with Product Managers, Frontend, SDET, DevOps and Backend Engineers.
You'll help us create the infrastructure to process high volumes of textual data, manage, deploy, train, and monitor LLM models.
We are an AI startup that empowers developers to build applications that use natural language as the interface to data. Our open-source framework Haystack is used by thousands of developers to build LLM applications. Our LLM platform, deepset Cloud, enables enterprises worldwide to unlock the potential of large language models for their business cases. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the AI space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "re:base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Design technical solutions based on customer feedback and client integrations as a part of a product team.
- Build scalable infrastructure to serve thousands of pipelines on millions of documents. Run LLMs with 100s of user requests per second for our SaaS platform based on Haystack, our open source library.
- Take responsibility for features from idea to production. By that we mean taking responsibility for product and architecture design, CI/CD pipelines, tests, writing code, running the code in production, monitoring, and collecting customer feedback.
- Provide feedback to our Open Source team for improvements in Haystack, collaborate and look for opportunities.
- 3-4 years of experience with backend development, preferably with previous experience building an early stage product.
- Working experience with Python, RestAPIs, databases, and Cloud providers.
- Experience and intention to write tests, manage CI/CD, and establish monitoring for your code.
- Experience with Kubernetes, and Terraform are considered nice to have.
- Goal oriented, communicative, eager to learn, and genuinely curious about LLMs.
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a coworking spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth are important to us. We have an annual learning and development budget, and also the opportunity to speak at conferences, internal knowledge sharing, and workshops.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, online walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person for special occasions.
- Re:base: We meet in person on a quarterly basis, because we believe it’s important to get to know each other. We have fruitful discussions, we hold workshops, we brainstorm together, and we have leisure activities and fun.
- You are an owner: All employees are enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid vacation and you earn an additional day for each year completed with deepset (up to 30 days).
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Pension fund and Health Insurance fitting with your main working location: All full-time employees are eligible for the pension plan. We also offer health, dental, and vision for employees in the US, in compliance with the local market.
- Travel Insurance: We want you to be secure during your travels. Therefore, we offer every employee additional travel insurance.
- Sports budget: To boost your health and well-being, we offer a monthly allowance for your sports activity.
- Dog-friendly: Our main co-working partner Mindspace welcomes dogs, so you can also bring your best friend to the office.
- Enhanced days off for Family Sick Leave: We offer additional days in case your child gets sick.
- Additional days off: We don't work on the 24th & the 31st of December.
- Flexible working hours: You can adapt your work to your private life.
What colleagues say
- "At deepset, I have regained the joy of being part of a fascinating project with an inspiring vision. The team is a highly talented, enthusiastic, and caring group of human beings. I look forward to helping our experts solve the exciting challenges of providing practical NLP on a large scale.” (Ivan, Senior DevOps Engineer)
- "Joining deepset has been rewarding from day one: I could work right away on challenging, interesting topics at the cutting edge of NLP with a really talented and welcoming team of engineers.” (Sara, NLP Engineer)
We asked employees of deepset how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at deepset
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
We have "hubs" (i.e. place where more than one person lives) in Berlin, Krakow, Hamburg and Munich.