In 2021 Currencycloud was acquired by Visa; we are somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are open & collaborative, living and breathing our company values: Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
Remote working?We have a “Remote-First” policy, meaning you can work from home, or visit our lush offices in London, Cardiff or Amsterdam! You'll need to be based in the UK or Netherlands.
MissionThe SOC Analyst's mission, reporting to the SOC Team Lead, will be to monitor and maintain secure systems and networks as well as mitigate and contain identified threats.
You'll be responsible for the Cyber Security Detection and Response of CurrencyCloud in partnership with VISA.
What you'll get to do:
- Act as a 2nd level SOC Analyst alongside the wider VISA Cyber Defence Teams to protect CurrencyCloud
- Investigate and Triage Alerts for False-Positives; Escalating Qualified Threats to Incidents
- Respond to Incidents through to Remediation calmly and with confidence as a member of the Incident Resolution Team
- Pivot and enrich investigations utilising data from a wide range of telemetry including Cloudflare, AWS services including CurrencyCloud’s Product audit and access logs
- Execute and follow defined Incident Response playbooks; Creating and amending library entries where a gap is identifiedEducate the wider Security and Engineering teams via Insights and Awareness of notable Vulnerabilities and Threats that can cause CurrencyCloud significant impact once triaged and assessed a risk level
- Develop Threat Detection Content for the SIEM and Tune existing rules on a weekly basis according to Performance and Detection Gaps
- Participate in a shared On-Call Rota; being on call for a week at a time, split between 5 or more individuals
What experience do you need?
- Minimum of 2 years working within a SOC
- Computing degree or relevant Professional Certifications
- Broad range of IT and Technology understanding
- Experience working within Financial Services or Financial Product environments
- Ability to understand technical solutions and their diagrams; documented procedures, processes and policies to follow
- Clear Communication of Complex Topics to a mixed audience
- Good writing; presenting and speaking
- Foundational or better AWS Technical understanding
We are a company that values flexibility and a positive work-life balance. Wherever you are located, we trust you and your manager to determine the best office arrangement for you.
Your health and well-being are a top priority for us, and that's why we offer an extensive employee benefits package that takes care of you from all angles. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus (for permanent employees), a generous pension or 401K contribution, a flexible benefits allowance (location dependant) and a comprehensive healthcare plan that has built-in access to mental health support.
We also believe in providing our employees with ample opportunities for growth and development, so you'll have access to comprehensive learning and development resources as well as leadership training that will help you achieve your career goals.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Currencycloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Currencycloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Currencycloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Cardiff, Amsterdam, New York, Singapore