In 2021 Currencycloud was acquired by Visa; we are somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are open & collaborative, living and breathing our company values: Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
Currencycloud forms part of the Treasury as a Service unit within Visa, focused on cross-border services across purchase flows and money movement. The Senior Strategy Manage - Treasury as a Service Europe is responsible for defining and operationalising the medium- to long-term strategy for Treasury as a Service (incl. Currencycloud) in Europe. The Senior Strategy Manager will collaborate across the Treasury as a Service (TaaS), Commercial and Money Movement Solutions (CMS), and Visa Europe organisations to drive alignment on strategic priorities, identify and assess new growth opportunities, and support strategic planning activity. This role reports into the VP Strategy & Business Operations, Treasury as a Service.
- Develop the medium- to long-term (2-5 year) strategy for Treasury as a Service in Europe, including the definition of target markets, customer segmentation, value proposition, differentiation, investment prioritisation, and investment plans
- Collaborate with the TaaS Europe GTM leadership team, Strategy & Business Operations leads for the Europe Markets and CMS organisations, and the product organisations within TaaS (Currencycloud, Visa Platforms) and Visa more broadly (incl. but not limited to VBS, Visa Direct, MS&A, Tink) to ensure alignment on the strategy and business priorities
- Develop insights on customer needs, key industry trends, market dynamics, and the competitive landscape to inform regional strategic priorities, proposition development, market positioning, and go-to-market approach
- Identify, assess, and prioritise growth opportunities for TaaS in Europe (incl. geographic markets, customer segments, use cases).
- Develop rigorous, fact-based, quantitative analyses to support recommendations on growth opportunities and investment priorities for TaaS in Europe, aligned with stakeholders within TaaS and the Visa Europe organisation more broadly
- Support the development of the Multi-Year Strategic Outlook (MSO) and Annual Operating Plan for TaaS in Europe, including forecasts, implementation plans, escalations to address risks/dependencies/systemic blockers, and driving alignment with Regional and CMS stakeholders
- Partner with the General Manager, TaaS Europe and other TaaS and CMS regional leaders to engage senior stakeholders across the wider Europe organisation (e.g. QBRs, regional strategic initiatives)
- Build and sustain long-term relationships across Visa regional and product teams to maintain open communication and partnership on long-term strategic priorities
What are the OKRs?
- TaaS Europe strategy signed off by the TaaS LT, reflected in the TaaS MSO, and communicated to the wider organisation
- Understanding of TaaS revenue drivers and client solutions among Visa Europe stakeholders
- TaaS Europe strategic priorities reflected in overall regional and CMS priorities
- Business cases and implementation plans developed for key strategic initiatives, aligned with cross-functional stakeholders
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in management consulting, corporate strategy and/or financial services
- Proven experience developing strategy, commercial business cases, and reporting to a senior executive audience
- Demonstrated autonomy and ownership of outcomes in strategic projects
- Proven track record of collaborating across the organisation to develop strategic recommendations and execute strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to break down and address complex business problems, typically with cross-functional impact and involving multiple stakeholders
- Robust understanding of the fintech / payments industry. (Experience in payments is preferred not required)
Which skills are required?
- Problem solving and thought leadership;
- Commercial mindset, with demonstrated experience in driving strategic initiatives with tangible impact
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure complex business problems
- Ability to independently lead and manage complex cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to influence and drive change;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Personal presence and ability to influence senior stakeholders and drive alignment on strategic recommendations
- Ability to work well under pressure and influence at all levels as a thought partner
- Excellent communication skills, including strong oral, written, listening, and presentation capabilities
- Team orientation;
- Proactive with a self-starter / can-do attitude
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Ability to form strong working relationships with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to drive cross-functional team alignment on ‘One Visa’ mindset and approach to strategy definition
We are a company that values flexibility and a positive work-life balance. Wherever you are located, we trust you and your manager to determine the best office arrangement for you.
Your health and well-being are a top priority for us, and that's why we offer an extensive employee benefits package that takes care of you from all angles. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus (for permanent employees), a generous pension or 401K contribution, a flexible benefits allowance (location dependant) and a comprehensive healthcare plan that has built-in access to mental health support.
We also believe in providing our employees with ample opportunities for growth and development, so you'll have access to comprehensive learning and development resources as well as leadership training that will help you achieve your career goals.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Currencycloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Currencycloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Currencycloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Cardiff, Amsterdam, New York, Singapore