In 2021 Currencycloud was acquired by Visa; we are somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are open & collaborative, living and breathing our company values: Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
Remote working?We have a “Remote-First” policy, meaning you can work from home, or visit our lush offices in London, Cardiff or Amsterdam! You'll need to be based in the UK or Netherlands.
About the role...We’re looking for a number of experienced, motivated and talented QA Automation Engineers and Senior Automation QA Engineers to help us build the technology that will power the future of payments.
The Senior QA Engineer role is an ambassador of quality. You should strive to ensure that we are maintaining a high level of quality across all our processes. You will consider and suggest improvements within the development process. You will also be responsible for the estimation, planning and execution of test cases, both automated and manual and you will ensure any defects in quality are logged appropriately and see them through to completion.
What you'll get to do?
- You’ll be joining one of our agile Product squads which consist of an Engineering Manager, Software Engineers and fellow QAs, and will play a key role in ensuring the team delivers simple, scalable solutions for a wide range of problems. This process involves planning sessions with the engineering team and discussions around designing the solution. We are a team who are always looking for ways to improve our process, and your experience and curiosity will help us do that. Part of the role involves demoing new features and functionality to stakeholders.
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as standup, backlog grooming etc., working closely with developers and operations on testing new features and upgrades within the team product area and maintaining existing, building new and adding to automation frameworks to improve test coverage
What skills & experience you'll need:
- A complete understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Flexibility in working around logistic and technical blockers
- The ability to work closely with non-technical and technical stakeholders in order to determine accurate acceptance criteria
- SKILLS / TECH
- Experience with BDD style tools such as Cucumber
- API testing and tools - e.g. Postman, Restassured, Newman
- AWS deployments or deployment tools - e.g. Jenkins
- Diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues utilising ticketing systems and documentation software - e.g. JIRA and Confluence
- Containerisation and management of tools like Docker and Kubernetes is desirable but not essential
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking, interpretive and analytic abilities
- Team working and workload management skills
- Soft skills e.g the ability to communicate improvements and challenges effectively, being able to say no when necessary, and a strong willingness to improve
We are a company that values flexibility and a positive work-life balance. Wherever you are located, we trust you and your manager to determine the best office arrangement for you.
Your health and well-being are a top priority for us, and that's why we offer an extensive employee benefits package that takes care of you from all angles. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus (for permanent employees), a generous pension or 401K contribution, a flexible benefits allowance (location dependant) and a comprehensive healthcare plan that has built-in access to mental health support.
We also believe in providing our employees with ample opportunities for growth and development, so you'll have access to comprehensive learning and development resources as well as leadership training that will help you achieve your career goals.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Currencycloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Currencycloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Currencycloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Cardiff, Amsterdam, New York, Singapore
What employees are saying
"Working at Currencycloud is like a breath of fresh air! The culture is open, people are genuine, and management care about employees. The transparent and flexible work environment makes me want to put in that little extra every day. It’s been a fun ride working with such talented and diverse group of people."
Anonymous Product Director at Currencycloud