In 2021 Currencycloud was acquired by Visa; we are somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are open & collaborative, living and breathing our company values: Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
Remote working?We have a “Remote-First” policy, meaning you can work from home, or visit our lush offices in London, Cardiff or Amsterdam! You'll need to be based in the UK or Netherlands.
About the role...
Our Quality Assurance Engineering Managers lead and line-manage 6-8 QA engineers in one of our vertical domains, across 3-4 cross-functional teams. These are responsible for ensuring quality across our industry-leading API that has already processed over $50 billion of cross-border transactions for over 5 million end-users, and is available to our clients 24/7.
Our usual team structure consists of an Engineering Manager, Product Manager, Agile Delivery Manager, 4 Software Engineers and 2 QA Engineers.
- Lead, support, mentor, line-manage and grow Quality Assurance Engineers of varying levels of seniority
- Managing productivity of the QA engineers across the tribe
- Responsible for the overall quality of engineering output of the domain
- Hiring, retaining, and growing top QA talent
- Drive quality excellence and best quality engineering practices, working closely with QA engineers, software engineers and engineering managers to build high-quality architectures and systems
- Work on QA strategy with the Head of QA to define a roadmap that’s compelling, while collaborating with product management teams across the domain
- Drive both medium and long-term QA objectives and key results with full responsibility for execution across the tribe
- Decides where to invest QA effort by making pragmatic decisions in regards to cost vs value
- Become a domain expert, not only with technical and QA expertise, but also in regards to our product offering and how our products are used by our customers
- Clearly communicate the risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on the QA vision for the domain
- Champion change cross-functionally not just across your domain but the whole QA organisation
- Embeds our values - Be Human, Better Together & Own It, together with our quality engineering principles in everything we do, leading by example
- Represents the QA organisation in the wider engineering and tech community
- Experience managing QA Engineers across one or more teams simultaneously
- Been responsible for ensuring solutions across large cloud-native architectures are of high quality, are well-tested and fault-tolerant
- Been responsible for developing the testing architecture of large scale, highly available cloud solutions
- Has driven positive change towards Continuous testing, DevOps and Agile
- Experience working with Agile process and principles, working together with product teams
- Has an understanding of Cloud-Native architectures and practices. To name some: high-availability, high-scalability, microservices, 12-factor apps, CI/CD, heavy testing automation and observability
- Has previous hand-on experience of API testing
- Has experience of Contract testing
- Ideally from a background in FinTech, Payments or Financial Services
- Passionate about growing others while growing yourself. An interest for continuous improvement and helping QA engineers to feel part of something bigger
- Continuous improvement on processes and ways of working around the SDLC
- A mindset compatible with continuous deployment, agile planning, cloud-based systems, experimentation and testing
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and always curious about the way things work
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Customer focus
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations based on incomplete or ambiguous information
We are a company that values flexibility and a positive work-life balance. Wherever you are located, we trust you and your manager to determine the best office arrangement for you.
Your health and well-being are a top priority for us, and that's why we offer an extensive employee benefits package that takes care of you from all angles. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus (for permanent employees), a generous pension or 401K contribution, a flexible benefits allowance (location dependant) and a comprehensive healthcare plan that has built-in access to mental health support.
We also believe in providing our employees with ample opportunities for growth and development, so you'll have access to comprehensive learning and development resources as well as leadership training that will help you achieve your career goals.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Currencycloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Currencycloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Currencycloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Cardiff, Amsterdam, New York, Singapore