Financial Crime Specialist - Regulated Client Onboarding Team
In 2021 Currencycloud was acquired by Visa; we are somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are open & collaborative, living and breathing our company values: Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Financial Crime Specialist to join our New Business Onboarding team.
The Financial Crime Specialist will be responsible for review of our new prospective clients. This will include review and assessment of new prospective clients financial crime/AML framework and review technical requirements such as clients systems and controls . The Financial Crime Specialist will report into the New Business Onboarding Manager.The successful candidate will be proactive and detail oriented and we are looking for someone with experience in Financial Crime/EDD and systems review.
This is a full time permanent position, with the working hours Monday to Friday 9:30am - 5:30pm.
- Responsible for new business onboarding applications for Financial Institutions, Payment Institutions and Corporates in a myriad of industries and jurisdictions.
- Undertaking reviews of global clients’ procedures to ensure alignment with Currencycloud specific risk appetite, and ensure they have sufficient controls to mitigate financial crime risk.
- Accountable for leading client onboarding calls to assess the effectiveness of their money laundering controls and to evaluate whether they are in line with Currencycloud’s risk appetite.
- Responsible for undertaking enhanced due diligence on customers that pose greater risks, including investigating the legitimacy of the funds used in the business relationship.
- Undertaking cross functional Compliance quality assurance quarterly reviews.
- Complete Compliance administration (such as keeping client records up to date).
- Participate in regular reviews of departmental procedures and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Work cross-departmentally to proactively identify and resolve any queries and complaints.
- Keep up to date with current and future regulatory changes that affect the business and use this knowledge to proactively suggest improvements to compliance policies and procedures.
- Conducting activity reviews on existing clients to ensure activity remains consistent and within CC’s risk appetite.
Skills & Experience
- Has an understanding of AML regulations and able to effectively look at a client's AML framework.
- Experience with Onboarding regulated clients such as PI's and FI's
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing clients solutions and notification systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Fast thinker and quick learner with the ability to work effectively under pressure, in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent team working skills, capable of managing own workload and has tenacious attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise work by taking the impact and scale of the work into consideration, as well as manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Able to analyse information to formulate questions and recommendations.
We are a company that values flexibility and a positive work-life balance. Wherever you are located, we trust you and your manager to determine the best office arrangement for you.
Your health and well-being are a top priority for us, and that's why we offer an extensive employee benefits package that takes care of you from all angles. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus (for permanent employees), a generous pension or 401K contribution, a flexible benefits allowance (location dependant) and a comprehensive healthcare plan that has built-in access to mental health support.
We also believe in providing our employees with ample opportunities for growth and development, so you'll have access to comprehensive learning and development resources as well as leadership training that will help you achieve your career goals.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Currencycloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Currencycloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Currencycloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Cardiff, Amsterdam, New York, Singapore
What employees are saying
"Working at Currencycloud is like a breath of fresh air! The culture is open, people are genuine, and management care about employees. The transparent and flexible work environment makes me want to put in that little extra every day. It’s been a fun ride working with such talented and diverse group of people."
Anonymous Product Director at Currencycloud