In 2021 Currencycloud was acquired by Visa; we are somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are open & collaborative, living and breathing our company values: Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
The Assurance Manager is a key role for ensuring that Currencycloud meets its regulatory obligations and stakeholder expectations. The role is responsible for planning and executing testing programs that comprise Currencycloud’s Assurance Monitoring Plan. They will also communicate insights from testing programs to stakeholders of seniority and parts of Currencycloud’s business, and propose actions that will leave Currencycloud demonstrably safer, more effective, and more efficient. Lastly, they will assist the Head of Assurance in carrying out deep-dives and targeted reviews. The role reports to the Head of Assurance, within the Regulatory team.
- Be part of a team of risk, assurance and regulatory experts with a broad range of expertise
- Help set standards for assessing risk analysis, control effectiveness, or testing processes
- Plan, develop, execute multiple testing programs simultaneously, and from those programs synthesise conclusions about key risks requiring remediation and recommendations for improvements
- Confidently and effectively communicate testing results, findings, and recommendations for audiences of various roles, departments, and seniority
- Scope, develop, and maintain compelling data visualisations and management information about Assurance activities and outcomes
- Build a network within Currencycloud’s product and client-facing teams to build trust and confidence in the Assurance function, as well as stay informed of product and commercial developments
- Assist the Head of Assurance to scope, plan and execute deep-dives and targeted reviews, as well as communicate their findings
- Assist training and retrospectives related to Assurance projects
What does success look like?
- Testing programs are conducted and documented diligently, punctually, and with appropriate sophistication
- Insights are visualised and communicated in a way that is compelling and meaningful
- Findings and proposals are calls to action that leave the organisation demonstrably safer, more effective, and more efficient
- Testing programs are continually improved through retrospection
- Contributions to deep-dive and targeted reviews are valuable
Education and Experience. In the last 3-6 years, you have..
- Owned and carried out risk / controls / assurance processes in financial services or another highly-regulated industry sector
- Delivered findings and solutions that have resulted in demonstrably safer, more effective, and more efficient practices, and better outcomes
- Worked or consulted in FinTech, particularly in e-money or payments institutions, and had exposure to their governance, risk, and compliance challenges
We are a company that values flexibility and a positive work-life balance. Wherever you are located, we trust you and your manager to determine the best office arrangement for you.
Your health and well-being are a top priority for us, and that's why we offer an extensive employee benefits package that takes care of you from all angles. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus (for permanent employees), a generous pension or 401K contribution, a flexible benefits allowance (location dependant) and a comprehensive healthcare plan that has built-in access to mental health support.
We also believe in providing our employees with ample opportunities for growth and development, so you'll have access to comprehensive learning and development resources as well as leadership training that will help you achieve your career goals.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Currencycloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Currencycloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Currencycloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Cardiff, Amsterdam, New York, Singapore