Systems and Security Lead
We are looking for a knowledgeable, pragmatic and passionate Systems & Security Lead with experience of leading a small team of IT systems engineers, security and platform specialists. As the successful candidate you’ll be responsible for guiding and prioritising our internal IT, Salesforce and Security roadmaps, as well as being an expert in Security - making continuous improvements to improve our posture.
You’ll play a key role in optimising our systems and improving the flow of essential information around the business, helping us to grow quickly and responsibly. You’ll also be able to collaborate with many functions across the business of highly technical and security savvy people - drawing on their knowledge and support to help you to implement improvements at pace. You’ll then interact directly with customers and auditors on these topics.
A few activities you'd perform as Systems and Security Lead includes:
- You’ll lead a team of IT systems engineers, security and platform specialists who manage our internal tools and everything ‘security’.
- The teams’ focus will be on connecting and optimising systems with the aim of improved data collection for use across the business, as well as automating and removing any barriers to ensure a great employee experience.
- With support from your team, you’ll manage audits and build out plans to continuously improve and embed our security processes.
- Use recognized sources of threat intelligence as well as risk impact assessments to identify security weaknesses within the business and work with your team and senior leads to build plans for change.
Here at CTS, we help our customers do great things with Google Cloud and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey. As the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe, we’re proud to work with businesses around the world who want to differentiate themselves by adopting Google technologies and creating a culture of innovation and sustainability.
Our working policies enable our colleagues to strike a good balance between professional and personal life; we appreciate there is more than just work! Because of things like remote working, unlimited holidays and other awesome benefits, we offer a workplace that challenges traditional ways of working.
Driving progress and sustainability is at the heart of what we do and we support this by working with the B Corporation framework. You can even find us in the Flexa Careers list as one of the most flexible employers in the world for 2022. If you’re passionate, curious, and ready to get stuck in and help us change the world using Google Cloud technology, read on to find out more.
What you’d bring
- Strong understanding of operational risk and general risk assessment procedures
- Experience working within recognised Information Security frameworks and best practices such as ISO27001, NIST etc
- Good understanding of our technologies, including common SaaS tooling such as Google Workspace, Salesforce and Office365.
- Solid understanding of Information Security and Cyber Security.
- A keen interest in building and leading a team, setting strategy and KPIs, and reporting on their progress.
We don't live in the ideal world, so if you’re not familiar with some of the technologies mentioned above, but are motivated to learn, then we would also like to speak to you.
Location and flexibility
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
When it comes to your working location, we’d leave it to you to decide what works best. You can live anywhere in the UK or the Netherlands and work completely remotely if you would prefer.
If you live near any of our offices in Utrecht, Manchester, Edinburgh or London, you can of course also choose to work from the office as often as you want. We may ask you to travel occasionally to one of our offices (or a customer site) for specific meetings or team building/social events.
Fair Pay. Done Right.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment: We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
What you’ll get
In addition to a competitive salary (see our “Fair Pay. Done Right” commitment), the CTS benefits package is outlined below:
- Company contributed pension scheme, private health insurance and Death in Service Scheme.
- Unlimited paid holiday days. It is not all about working!
- Flexible work culture. We trust you to manage your time and workload responsibly.
- Take up to 10 paid 'Learning Days' (in addition to your annual leave) to spend on professional development.
- Work From Anywhere' policy. Work abroad up to 90 days a year.
- A minimum of two whole-company social events each year. This might perhaps be one of the nicest benefits, as we typically have one ‘Kick-Off’ every year in a sunny location in Europe.
- The ability to complete Professional Google Certifications and other industry-recognized training and certifications (paid for by the company).
- Industry-leading parental leave policies, health and wellness initiatives, and access to a discount and rewards program (including discounted gym memberships).
Our Talent Specialists will contact you a.s.a.p. after your application. If we agree that there is a match, then ......
If all interviews go well, we will then make you a nice offer and, if you accept it, we will talk about the onboarding process.
We asked employees of CTS & CloudM how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at CTS & CloudM
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
Manchester (Head Office), London, Edinburgh and Utrecht