Senior Platform Engineer
If space for personal development and broadening your knowledge is important to you, then a Senior Platform Engineer role at CTS could be the perfect role for you. You would join a highly specialised team of Cloud Engineers, who are market leaders in the field of Cloud Computing. You will develop a specialism in the world's fastest-growing public cloud provider: GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
As a Senior Platform Engineer at CTS, you’ll work with the latest and most advanced technologies and would place yourself at the forefront of a constantly evolving field. You’ll work together with your CTS colleagues to implement, build and support modern infrastructure solutions in GCP. Every customer you work with will have specific goals and requirements, so you will always be challenged and no two days will be the same.
Learning and professional development will form a key part of your time at CTS. You’ll have the option to take up to 10 paid ‘learning days’ each year to focus on upskilling, taking courses or exams, or other activities designed to enhance your skills and experience. If you’re already certified in GCP, AWS, or Kubernetes then you are off to a great start!
Any relevant courses, resources or exam costs will be paid for by the business. In addition, you’d have the option to attend Google events taking place in the Netherlands or the UK to build your professional network and learn about emerging Google technologies.
Please Note: Previous experience with GCP is not required; experience of other public cloud providers (AWS or Azure) would be sufficient.
A few activities you’d perform as a Senior Platform Engineer:
- Design and build highly available, cloud-native platforms in GCP.
- Develop internal tooling for the wider Platform Team.
- Work with Pre-sales Architects to translate requirements into technical designs. and follow this through to the delivery of the solution.
- Mentor junior members of the team and help drive their development.
- On-call duties (roughly 1 week in 5) with a generous rate paid above salary.
Here at CTS, we help our customers do great things with Google Cloud and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey. As the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe, we’re proud to work with businesses around the world who want to differentiate themselves by adopting Google technologies and creating a culture of innovation and sustainability.
Our working policies enable our colleagues to strike a good balance between professional and personal life; we appreciate there is more than just work! Because of things like remote working, unlimited holidays and other awesome benefits, we offer a workplace that challenges traditional ways of working.
Driving progress and sustainability is at the heart of what we do and we support this by working with the B Corporation framework. You can even find us in the Flexa Careers list as one of the most flexible employers in the world for 2022. If you’re passionate, curious, and ready to get stuck in and help us change the world using Google Cloud technology, read on to find out more.
What you’d bring
You will utilise your experience in converting customer requirements into technical designs. The key technical experience you’d have is as follows:
- Extensive experience with at least one primary cloud provider (GCP, AWS or Azure).
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes in a production setting.
- Ability to script in Bash, Python or other languages.
- Understanding of DevOps technology stacks such as ELK, NGINX, Apache, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, Consul.
- Can work with Linux operating systems and database technologies such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Docker and Configuration Management tooling (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt).
We don't live in the ideal world, so if you’re not familiar with some of the technologies mentioned above, but are motivated to learn, then we would also like to speak to you.
If you currently perform some kind of similar role to a Platform Engineer, e.g. a Devops Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer or Cloud Engineer, and would like to understand more about the responsibilities you’d have at CTS, then we can explore this on an initial call.
Location and flexibility
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
When it comes to your working location, we’d leave it to you to decide what works best. You can live anywhere in the UK or the Netherlands and work completely remotely if you would prefer.
If you live near any of our offices in Utrecht, Manchester, Edinburgh or London, you can of course also choose to work from the office as often as you want. We may ask you to travel occasionally to one of our offices (or a customer site) for specific meetings or team building/social events.
Fair Pay. Done Right.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment: We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
What you’ll get
In addition to a competitive salary (see our “Fair Pay. Done Right” commitment), the CTS benefits package is outlined below:
- Company contributed pension scheme, private health insurance and Death in Service Scheme.
- Unlimited paid holiday days. It is not all about working!
- Flexible work culture. We trust you to manage your time and workload responsibly.
- Take up to 10 paid 'Learning Days' (in addition to your annual leave) to spend on professional development.
- Work From Anywhere' policy. Work abroad up to 90 days a year.
- A minimum of two whole-company social events each year. This might perhaps be one of the nicest benefits, as we typically have one ‘Kick-Off’ every year in a sunny location in Europe.
- The ability to complete Professional Google Certifications and other industry-recognized training and certifications (paid for by the company).
- Industry-leading parental leave policies, health and wellness initiatives, and access to a discount and rewards program (including discounted gym memberships).
Our Talent Specialists will contact you a.s.a.p. after your application. If we agree that there is a match, then 2 follow-up interviews will take place. One informal interview with a Senior or Principal Engineer, and a second more technical interview with two Senior Engineers.
We don’t believe in long drawn-out interview processes. We try wherever possible to move things along quickly. There is no technical challenge or coding assessment, we believe that having a meaningful technical conversation is the best way to understand your skills and experience.
If all interviews go well, we will then make you a nice offer and, if you accept it, we will talk about the onboarding process.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At CTS, we look after each other and support everyone on our team. We’re proud of our people-centred culture; our diversity brings us innovation and our commitment to inclusion drives us forward. If you share these values and would be interested in joining one of our teams, get in touch today!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options CTS & CloudM provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure CTS & CloudM is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at CTS & CloudM
Gender diversity (male:female)
Manchester, Edinburgh and Utrecht
What employees are saying
"It's honestly a great company to work for, and there's always been a complete understanding that we all have lives to balance with work. We're trusted to do the job we've been hired to do, so are never micromanaged. It's not a big deal if you have an appointment, would rather finish or start at a different time, need to deal with the kids during the day, want to take annual leave or want to work remote or in an office environment. As long as your work gets done (which is expected to be achievable within normal working hours per week, no overtime expected) then do it whatever way suits you best!"
Anonymous Marketing Employee at CTS