Cloud FinOps Specialist
Here at CTS, we help our customers do great things with Google Cloud - and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey. As the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe, we offer a complete Google Cloud solution for businesses.
In joining CTS as a GCP FinOps Specialist, you’ll take responsibility for the performance of our GCP billing business. You will be our primary GCP billing expert, and will utilise your skills in manipulating and visualising data to enable our customers to make decisions which will maximise the return on their investment in GCP.
Our FinOps feature backlog will feature heavily within the role and when not dealing with contracts and customer conversations, you will provide thought leadership to improve our billing services for customers.
This is a new role at CTS - recognising the importance and complexity of billing, FinOps and the opportunity it presents to CTS, Google and our customers. We are already good at this - you’ll help us be great!
Please Note: Experience of GCP is not an essential skill for this role, experience with the billing practices of AWS or Azure would also work for us!
What you'd do:
- Engage with stakeholders within our customer organisations and Google, to provide guidance and insight into cloud billing best practices.
- Build internal process and tooling to improve sales cycle efficiency for all GCP consumption deals.
- Improve the customer experience by developing and continually improving a suite of real time billing reports and dashboards using Looker and SQL
- Create and manage a backlog of future improvements to our FinOps service we offer to customers.
- Build relationships and work with the Google’s sales teams to establish confidence that CTS is the preferred partner to work with for GCP.
- Work with the GCP leadership team to identify and track KPIs across the GCP consumption business.
- Track CTS performance against our partner commit with Google.
What you’d bring
- Strong experience of at least one major cloud vendor’s billing practices.
- Able to be hands on in calculating and understanding complex cloud billing, commitments and optimisations of GCP spend.
- Ability to utilise data visualisation/BI toolsets and SQL to generate reports which enable data-led decisions.
- Experience in a consulting environment - this will be a client facing role regularly, and you’ll need to be comfortable presenting and talking to external stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity that exists in smaller fast growing companies - as you work to help us to standardise processes.
We don't live in an ideal world, so if you don't have all the experience mentioned above, but are motivated to learn, then we would also like to speak to you.
Location and flexibility
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
When it comes to your working location, we’d leave it to you to decide what works best. You can live anywhere in the UK or the Netherlands and work completely remotely if you would prefer.
If you live near any of our offices in Utrecht, Manchester, Edinburgh or London, you can of course also choose to work from the office as often as you want. We may ask you to travel occasionally to one of our offices (or a customer site) for specific meetings or team building/social events.
Fair Pay. Done Right.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment: We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
What you’ll get
In addition to a competitive salary (see our “Fair Pay. Done Right” commitment), the CTS benefits package is outlined below:
- Company contributed pension scheme, private health insurance and Death in Service Scheme.
- Unlimited paid holiday days. It is not all about working!
- Flexible work culture. We trust you to manage your time and workload responsibly.
- Take up to 10 paid 'Learning Days' (in addition to your annual leave) to spend on professional development.
- Work From Anywhere' policy. Work abroad up to 90 days a year.
- A minimum of two whole-company social events each year. This might perhaps be one of the nicest benefits, as we typically have one ‘Kick-Off’ every year in a sunny location in Europe.
- The ability to complete Professional Google Certifications and other industry-recognized training and certifications (paid for by the company).
- Industry-leading parental leave policies, health and wellness initiatives, and access to a discount and rewards program (including discounted gym memberships).
Our Talent Specialists will contact you ASAP after your application. If we agree that there is a match, then you will speak to members of the GCP Leadership Team and potential colleagues within the GCP Managed Services Team. There will be no more than 3 interview stages for this process.
Here at CTS, we help our customers do great things with Google Cloud and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey. As the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe, we’re proud to work with businesses around the world who want to differentiate themselves by adopting Google technologies and creating a culture of innovation and sustainability.
Our working policies enable our colleagues to strike a good balance between professional and personal life; we appreciate there is more than just work! Because of things like remote working, unlimited holidays and other awesome benefits, we offer a workplace that challenges traditional ways of working.
Driving progress and sustainability is at the heart of what we do and we support this by working with the B Corporation framework. You can even find us in the Flexa Careers list as one of the most flexible employers in the world for 2022. If you’re passionate, curious, and ready to get stuck in and help us change the world using Google Cloud technology, read on to find out more.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options CTS & CloudM provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure CTS & CloudM is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at CTS & CloudM
Gender diversity (male:female)
Manchester, Edinburgh and Utrecht
What employees are saying
"It's honestly a great company to work for, and there's always been a complete understanding that we all have lives to balance with work. We're trusted to do the job we've been hired to do, so are never micromanaged. It's not a big deal if you have an appointment, would rather finish or start at a different time, need to deal with the kids during the day, want to take annual leave or want to work remote or in an office environment. As long as your work gets done (which is expected to be achievable within normal working hours per week, no overtime expected) then do it whatever way suits you best!"
Anonymous Marketing Employee at CTS