CoppaFeel! exists to educate and remind every young person in the UK that checking their chest isn’t only fun, it could save their life. We are the first breast cancer charity in the UK to create awareness amongst young people, with the aim of instilling a new healthy habit that could one day save their life. We are a small team which, collectively, has one almighty big voice. We were founded out of a need to right wrongs, and when we hear of more people diagnosed late, or young people dying from this disease, we know there isn’t a more powerful reminder to get up and get out of bed every morning.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
● Sits within the Fundraising Team
● Reports to Senior Challenge Programme Manager
● Works closely with the Challenge Events Executive as well as teams in Education, Finance, Marketing and Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Deliver the challenge event programme using your expertise to create delivery plans, budgets, and timelines, working with key stakeholders and event organisers, meeting specific financial targets and KPI’s.
● Support the Senior Challenge Programme Manager in developing CoppaFeel!’s challenge events strategy to drive fundraising and grow the number of supporters over the next 3 years.
● Plan, market and deliver a series of existing and new challenge and mass participation events for CoppaFeel! - such as walks, runs, cycles, swims, triathlons and more!
● Be the delivery lead for our mass challenge events, being accountable for the planning, delivery, budgets, participant stewardship, on-the-day support, evaluation and learning.
● Work in collaboration with CoppaFeel! marketing team to lead the acquisition for new challenge event participants, ensuring we grow the number of supporters year-on-year.
● Support CoppaFeel!’s EDI strategy, collaborating with our EDI Manager to ensure our events are accessible and open to everyone.
● Seek out new challenge event opportunities for CoppaFeel! and carry out market research to evolve our mass participation offering.
● Be accountable for supporter journeys, from registration and delivery of engagement, to on-the-day support and thanking communication.
● Manage our challenge event volunteers, who give their time to support CoppaFeel!. Collaborate with the volunteer team to recruit and steward volunteers, and feed into the volunteer strategy.
● Support on the planning and implementation of our ‘CoppaTrek!’ series; CoppaFeel!’s annual trekking programme (currently four treks planned in 2024) which is going from strength to strength and is budgeted to bring in £1.2 million in 2024.
● Attend CoppaFeel! challenge and CoppaTrek! events throughout the year.
● Work with the Events Executive to order and send out fundraising materials such as: fundraising packs, running vests, merchandise and thank you gifts.
● Advertise volunteering opportunities in our Boob Mail newsletter and our external digital platform Timecounts.
● Create and maintain up-to-date records on our donor database (currently e-Tapestry, moving to a new CRM system in 2024).
● Manage social media when required during events or in the lead up to events, working closely with CoppaFeel! communications team.
● Update account plans and keep good records on CoppaFeel! shared drive.
● Participate in CoppaFeel! fundraising and team meetings, contributing to annual operational plans, forecasting income and team collaboration.
● Adhere to GDPR requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
● Demonstrate experience of day-to-day project management of Mass Participation and Challenge Events.
● Experience of stewarding donors or customers, both in person and on the telephone and email; including high value donors and celebrity ambassadors.
● Experience using both paid and organic social media to market challenge events and reach new audiences.
● Demonstrate knowledge of setting up cheer points at mass events and giving first class support to volunteers.
● Experience of income generation and fundraising.
Annual Leave: 22 days annual leave (+ public holidays, 1 day of leave on your birthday and our Founder’s Cancerversary)
Notice Period: 2 months
We strongly encourage applications from Black and people of colour, LGBTQIA+ candidates, candidates with disabilities, from men, and from those with a lived experience of cancer, because we would like to increase the representation of these groups within our team. If you have any accessibility requirements or need any adjustments for the interview process please get in touch.
We asked employees of CoppaFeel how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at CoppaFeel