The following is a list of the main tasks this job role will handle, but is by no means an exhaustive list and may be varied from time to time:
- Copywriting – including producing SEO and UX optimised copy for service pages, blogs, contact pages, staff profiles and other types of content as required following established templates and processes
- Quality control – you will ensure your work meets set requirements, follow processes and proofread other team members’ work.
- Project management – which means delivering work on time and on budget, proactively ensuring you are prioritising the right things.
- Collaborating with people from other teams – including SEO, PR, Account Management and Project Management to ensure smooth delivery of content that meets all objectives.
Applicants must have the following experience:
- Proven writing experience, whether professionally, academically or in another context
- The aptitude to turn even the most technical and dry subject matters into dynamic, engaging content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Comfortable receiving and giving constructive criticism in a positive, considerate manner
- Commercial awareness, including the ability to write to deadlines and keep to time allowances
- Good keyboard and IT skills
- Familiarity with Mac (preferably) or MS Windows operating systems and MS Office/Email/Internet
- Excellent organisational, project and time management skills, managing multiple pieces of content
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of your work
- Self-motivation and a strong desire to learn
- Passionate about good writing
Experience with/of the following is desirable:
- Writing for SEO and user experience
- Working in and/or writing for the legal sector
- Using a suite of SEO tools, including Google Analytics and Ahrefs
- Experience using Content Management Systems
- Experience using work management tools such as ClickUp and Trello
- Experience of SEO, PPC and Social Media
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. This view aligns with two of our values which are to be empowering to members of our team and to collaborate with them to ensure they can excel in their role.
Salary & benefits
- Dependent on experience but expected to be in the range of £21,255 - £24,000
- 25 days holiday + Celebration Day + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension (3% from Conscious, 5% from you)
- Healthcare insurance, life insurance and critical illness protection (all after probation has been passed) including optical and dental cashback plans
- Two-day annual staff conference at a 4-star hotel
- £500 annual personal training budget
- Flexible working – we’d expect you in the office for the majority of the initial two-week induction period, then it would be a minimum of 2 days a week for up to 6 months. Beyond this, it’s a minimum of a day a week in the office (we believe work is a thing you do not a place you go and Conscious is an accredited flexible employer)
- 2 paid days charity work allowance per year
- Awesome staff area
- MVP recognition programme with rewards
- Long Service rewards and recognition
- A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £400 for recommending a friend
- CycleToWork scheme and Techscheme
- Dog-friendly office
- Hybrid working with an office base in Royal London Buildings, 42-46 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1 1PN or another office in central Bristol should we ever move.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday
- 37.5 hours per week
- 9.00am to 5.30pm (unless otherwise agreed)
Ed Prior – Head of Content
Our Recruitment Process
- Send a CV, covering email and a sample of your copywriting to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in the role.
- Initial telephone call
- First interview can be conducted via Zoom
- Second interview will be in person at our office in Bristol
No recruiters please
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Conscious Solutions provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Conscious Solutions is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Conscious Solutions
Gender diversity (male:female)
No funding raised. We are a profitable, stable business
What employees are saying
"Conscious Solutions really shines with its flexibility, especially for those with families or children. I never have any worries asking for adjusted hours to suit any personal situations or emergencies that may arise."
Anonymous Conscious Solutions Employee