Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
Our infrastructure and our customer’s data must be protected from all threats and vulnerabilities. As a member of the Security team, reporting to the Senior Manager Information Security, this role will expand Cobalt’s Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) functions as well as executing on maturing and improving Cobalt’s security posture. The individual will also contribute to the functional management of all strategic security initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Drive improvements in the area of security monitoring and incident response to improve Cobalt’s ability to respond to threats
- Assist in the definition of end-to-end security architecture for production systems, including security design analysis, risk management, data privacy compliance, vendor and application security assessments and penetration testing.
- Participate in security design reviews and threat modeling related to new customer builds and new product offerings.
- Participate in and plan incident response simulation activities to drive forward response capabilities.
- Experience in developing and improving security detection with SIEM (SUMO Logic CSE)
- Experience in enterprise security functions such as network security, platform security, data security, or application security.
- Experience with Kubernetes and container security strategies and container forensics.
- Solid understanding of Information Technology architecture, products, processes, and methodologies, and how they can be referenced or leveraged for security operations and incident response.
- Experience performing forensic analysis of systems with purpose built solutions or by manual process and open source utilities as appropriate.
- Experience reviewing raw logs and facilitating advanced data correlation and analysis (i.e. firewall, IPS, endpoint protection, web application firewall, host OS, database, GCP, etc.).
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Security role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on collaboration and teamwork.
- Knowledge of a variety of real-world attack and mitigation types.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining security systems, including firewalls, web application firewalls, IDP/IPS systems, VPN appliances and multi-factor authentication.
- In-depth technical expertise in network defense technologies, forensic tools, and active defense technologies.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK
What employees are saying
"Part of the reason why I joined Cobalt was the flexibility – being able to work from home, take care of my dog, run errands, and also unplug after hours was important to me, and everyone at Cobalt gets it."
Anonymous Cobalt Employee