Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
Cobalt is seeking a passionate and creative Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team and help drive Cobalt’s product story and accelerate the adoption of Cobalt’s PtaaS Platform within the information security market.
Product marketing is a highly strategic function at Cobalt, where you’ll collaborate on go-to-market strategies across Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing.
The ideal candidate is an experienced product marketer with a passion for understanding how and why customers use a product. As a natural storyteller, you can easily translate that knowledge into compelling positioning and content. You’ll do this by delivering the right content at each stage of the customer’s adoption journey, by equipping sales with the right stories and talking points, and by evolving the product brand through launches.
What You'll Do
- Customer Champion: Know our customers inside and out - be the expert on our enterprise segment, who they are and how they operate, including where they get information, and the who, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make.
- Product Launches: Manage successful product launches by leading the go-to-market strategy for our enterprise segment, including positioning, packaging, demand generation, internal enablement, etc.
- Positioning: In partnerships with various marketing disciplines, create compelling collateral, demos, presentations, videos, blogs, and more, to communicate the value proposition of our offerings, and drive strong organic traffic leading across a high performing buyer’s journey
- Cross-functional Alignment: Partner with cross-functional teams to research, plan and implement go-to-market tactics that increase demand, revenue, and retention
- Enablement: Work collaboratively with Sales and Customer Success teams to deliver product and presentation training, convey competitive information, and drive customer acquisition and adoption goals
- Spokesperson: Represent Cobalt at industry events, conferences, trade shows, webinars, and during analyst engagements
- 6+ years B2B product marketing experience, preferably within a SaaS or cybersecurity business
- Proven experience marketing to enterprises and technical buyers
- Demonstrated ability to uncover and deeply understand the needs and desires of customers and translate those learnings into product and go-to-market strategies
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude, with an ability to build strong working relationships across levels, departments, and geographically dispersed office locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a startup environment
Bonus If You Have
- MBA or advanced technical education or certifications
- Familiarity with modern software development practices
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants located in the states of New York, New Jersey, Colorado, and California, the salary range is $120,000 - $150,000 per year + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK