Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
All organizations need security testing for their software, and we are building the world's largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Employee Experience (EX) team at Cobalt. Our EX team is responsible for the application that is used by our Pentest Operations and Customer Success teams to connect our customers to our pentesting community. As the Product Designer for our EX team, you will work in partnership with Product and Engineering to deliver a world-class employee experience that will be utilized by Cobalt employees to provide amazing service to our pentest customers. You will lead all aspects of design from inception to implementation and beyond owning all aspects of design within the end-to-end product development cycle partnering closely with product and engineering every step of the way.
You'll be joining a tight-knit design team that spans product design, brand design, and content strategy. We work in tight collaboration with many teams across Cobalt to bring memorable experiences and customer obsession to every facet of our work.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the product design on our Employee Experience team, an internal operations-based team.
- Dive deep into the Pentest Operations and Customer Success teams to deeply understand their workflows and needs.
- Take the initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the Employee experience within our platform through user research and discovery.
- Partner closely with product and engineering to drive team strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities.
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision, ideation, prototyping, user testing, and acceptance testing all the way to final production.
- Work closely with the larger design team, providing feedback to other design team members and eliciting feedback from them.
- A low ego team-first mentality.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end product design process. Including how to develop and use IA, journey mapping, prototyping, user stories, user research, wireframing, and visual design.
- The ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems with simple, elegant, user-focused solutions.
- Experience applying both quantitative and qualitative research techniques to inform design decisions.
- A detail-oriented mindset and you're a self-starter who can manage time and deadlines.
- A focus on designing in an iterative way to continue learning and adapting through post-release feature analysis.
- The ability to present your design decisions and process succinctly.
- Experience working in an agile environment as well as familiarity with Lean UX and utilizing design research.
- Expertise in design tools, i.e., Figma, Miro
- An online portfolio that shows examples of your design process.
Bonus If You Have
- Experience working at companies in the developer tool space.
- Experience working at other SaaS companies
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK
What employees are saying
"Part of the reason why I joined Cobalt was the flexibility – being able to work from home, take care of my dog, run errands, and also unplug after hours was important to me, and everyone at Cobalt gets it."
Anonymous Cobalt Employee
More roles at Cobalt
- Senior Product Manager
- Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Senior Customer Success Manager, Strategic Enterprise Accounts
- Account Executive, Mid-Market
- Account Executive, Enterprise
- Salesforce Business Analyst
- Business Development Representative
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Senior Staff Security Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer