Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
As our business expands so too does our market exposure. Now, we are seeking an Mid-Market Account Executive to sell our pentesting services and platform. Based in the United States, you’ll be involved in end-to-end sales including prospecting for accounts, creating a pipeline, conducting demo meetings, and signing new customers. You will work with a supportive team that will provide training and the opportunity for career advancement.
What You'll Do
- Manage the entire Sales Cycle in the assigned territory
- Research target accounts and identify key players
- Prospect, develop and close a continuous pipeline of opportunities
- Up and cross-sell opportunities and probe for additional contacts with opportunities
- Develop strategic industry partnerships
- Maintain and improve existing practices, processes and tools
- Work within sales pod of AE, CSM and BDR
- Conduct sales projections and undertake sales reporting to management
- Conduct sales meetings with target accounts
- 2-4 years experience with B2B Sales
- Passionate about selling through multiple channels
- Account Management experience
- A proven track record of over achieving Sales Goals
- Expert in selling SaaS products to CTO/CISO’s
- Experience with selling security products
- Strong work ethic, desire to over-achieve and a true result oriented approach
- Understanding of web application security and selling to IT customers.
- Technical Sales background.
- Experience in start-up environments is a plus
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants located in the states of New York, New Jersey, Colorado, and California, the salary range is $150,000 - $200,000 per year + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK
What employees are saying
"Part of the reason why I joined Cobalt was the flexibility – being able to work from home, take care of my dog, run errands, and also unplug after hours was important to me, and everyone at Cobalt gets it."
Anonymous Cobalt Employee
More roles at Cobalt
- Senior Product Manager
- Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Senior Customer Success Manager, Strategic Enterprise Accounts
- Account Executive, Enterprise
- Salesforce Business Analyst
- Business Development Representative
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Senior Staff Security Engineer
- Product Designer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer