The Finance Specialist is a key role within our Warsaw Business Services team. You will be the first point of contact for senior management and staff in all financial matters, ranging from transactional finance queries while ensuring strong financial controls are maintained, in line with our global standards and best practice, but adapted to local compliance requirements. You will work closely with the local management team as well as the global finance team, and contribute to our international financial reporting and processes, being the expert for local Polish requirements.
This role offers a great opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the specific financial obligations for international organisations operating in Poland, while also gaining valuable international finance experience.
Meet your Manager
In this role you will be managed by Shefiat Obuenwe, our International Financial Accountant Lead. Shefiat joined ClientEarth in 2020 and is based in London. A chartered Accountant with over 20 years’ experience within Finance department mainly in Public Sector and International Non-Governmental Organisation
- Statutory Reporting and Tax: Liaise with local external accountants to ensure that they receive all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Adapting global policies and standards for local compliance
Day to day financial responsibilities:
- Payroll: Liaise with CEPL People and Culture team to ensure that staff net pay is uploaded on the bank platform for finance payment approval and deposit in employees bank account.
- Banking: Set up regular weekly payment runs for approval by the global finance team.
- Invoice Processing: Weekly processing of purchasing transactions (e.g., purchase invoices and payments, credit card payments, petty cash payments and staff expenses) in the global finance system.
- Income: Process income transactions, including any sales invoices and claims for cost reimbursements, plus receipts.
Month and Year End Accounting
You will be responsible for the monthly transactions posting and reconciliation of the CEPL entity through to year end closing of the accounts.
See the job description (below) for a full list of duties for this role.
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in Polish
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in English
- Holder of at least Chief Accountant certification (3rd vocational degree, Główny Księgowy) issued by The Accountants Association in Poland
- Knowledge of charity financial management demonstrable by experience
See the job description (below) for a full list of requirements for this role.
Note to candidates: We know that long lists of criteria can be daunting and that some candidates will not apply for a role unless they feel they are 100% qualified. If you feel you meet at least some of the essential criteria below, we still encourage you to apply.
Have a question about this job? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: We are proud to be a Flexa accredited Employer. Visit our Flexa Employer page for more information on our approach to flexible working. Our flexible working policy allows our people the choice to decide to work from home in the country where their contract of employment is issued for 80% of their month, with the other 20% of their month being office-based See our Benefits page for more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in Poland
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.
We asked employees of ClientEarth how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at ClientEarth
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Brussels, Warsaw, Madrid, Berlin, Beijing, Los Angeles, Luxembourg, Tokyo