We’ve been keeping Britain warm for over 200 years. Today we power 1 in 3 homes in the UK – but supplying energy is just part of what we do.
We’re on a mission to make the UK’s homes greener and more energy efficient.
With clever tech like Hive thermostats, heat pumps, solar panels and EV chargers, we’re making it cheaper and easier to reduce your home’s carbon-footprint. And with our new PeakSave programme, we’re actively rewarding better energy use too.
Our nationwide team of 6,500 engineers are energy efficiency experts – offering practical ways to make homes more sustainable.
To help us achieve this, we require a Strategy Business Analyst.
The BG Services & Solutions Strategy team is responsible for setting the strategic vision, purpose and direction for BG S&S, and translating this into the business plans, performance measures and key performance indicators that will be used to track delivery and measure success. The team drives the articulation, structuring and framing of strategic projects, partnering with the business to achieve the S&S vision. The Strategy team also understands the BG S&S market and facilitates knowledge share on market participants.
The Strategy Business Analyst reports to the Strategy Manager and is responsible for owning the delivery of strategic projects or workstreams, working closely with Finance, Commercial, Planning, Field and Change teams to structure strategic questions, identify and complete analysis, and present recommendations.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the markets in which S&S operates, and understand the macro themes affecting S&S
- Develop market sizing models and understand the market position of the S&S portfolio to inform planning assumptions
- Profile market participants and identify strategies and innovative ways to outperform the market
- Develop quarterly competitor insight reports and provide team briefings on an ad-hoc basis
- Develop models to support the long-term strategic planning process, producing analyses and insights, delivering quantitative and qualitative analysis and drawing together cross-functional project teams with multiple stakeholders
- Support Leadership in identifying key strategic questions facing the business
- Support follow-through of strategy to execution as needed, to ensure business delivery
- Provide strategy support and challenge to the functions as appropriate
- Work with operational and support functions to ensure strategy is translated into plans
- Understanding of Centrica, S&S, its competitive environment and the energy value chain
- Professional qualification beneficial (but not essential)
- Experience of working in high-performing teams and engaging senior stakeholders
- Track record of supporting projects and preparing presentations or reports for senior management (with oversight)
- Experience of corporate strategy, business planning or project management desirable (but not essential)
- Strong analytical, numerical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop storylines and communicate them concisely
- Ability to think creatively and identify new business opportunities
- Commercial acumen and an understanding of key business drivers
- Strong time and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work on a range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in oral, written, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Good relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in the services portfolio and customer centric mindset
- High intellect and willing to challenge the status quo
- Confident, self-aware, intellectually curious with a passion to succeed
- Enthusiastic self-starter, who brings new ideas/ approaches and not afraid to challenge the status quo
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
- Pension scheme
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull