We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Financial Controller to be responsible for Centrica Energy Optimisation Business, which is part of Centrica Energy. Centrica Energy Optimisation Business consist of Centrica Business Solutions Belgium NV and its two subsidiaries in France and UK.
If you are experienced within financial accounting & audit processes and strive to work in an international environment, then this role could certainly be of interest to you. You must be able to envisage yourself in a complex and fast-paced international company where every day life is multifaceted and highly unpredictable.
About the role
This role is within a financial controlling team with 10 colleagues (1 located in Antwerp, Belgium and 9 in Aalborg, Denmark). The team covers a wide range of tasks across internal and external reporting across Centrica’s Energy, Market and Trading business in Europe. The tools used are mainly Exact, Axapta, SAP, Excel, and some internally developed systems. Regarding the month-end closing process we consider ourselves amongst the best in class, that goes for both quality and speed.
The job role is based in the Belgian office of Centrica Energy (Antwerp), but we would expect some opportunity to work from home on occasions. Some travel to visit Centrica Energy Europe’s headquarter in Denmark (Aalborg) should be expected (3-5 days year).
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the month-end closing process for entities within Centrica Energy Optimisation Business
- Responsible for preparing the reporting of the statutory accounts for entities within Centrica Energy Optimisation Business
- Full responsibility of all tasks within financial controlling for entities within Centrica Energy Optimisation Business.
- Co-ordinate with auditors during their year-end audit process for entities within Centrica Energy Optimisation Business
- Responsible preparing annual corporate tax returns in cooperation with external tax advisors.
- Day to day management and guidance of one other colleagues within the financial control team located the Belgian office of Centrica Energy
- Participate in any upgrade/changes of our IT-systems including an expected migration from Exact to SAP.
- Participate in an ongoing optimisation of our processes and internal controls.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
+4 years of experience from a major international company or an audit firm.
Extended knowledge of accounting routines.
Experience with external financial reporting.
Knowledge of corporate tax and VAT legislation in Belgium.
Able to go into detail and still have the broad picture.
Must be comfortable in dealing with external auditors and advisors.
End-user experience with ERP-systems.
High-level Excel skills.
Speaking and writing English easily.
About Centrica Energy
Centrica Energy is a global renewable energy trading company which helps move energy from source to use powering businesses, homes, and societies as they transition to a new sustainable energy future. Across 8 offices on two continents, our +750 passionate and highly skilled energy experts help our clients buy and sell energy, helping make both affordable and sustainable living possible. Centrica Energy Optimisation Business focus is on trading flexible power from CHPs, Power-to-X installations, batteries and wind turbines on behalf of asset owners.
What can we offer:
· A competitive compensations and benefits package for the required level and experience
· The opportunity to boost your career through training, learning on the job
· Flexible working hours with respect for the work-life balance
· Working in an international and exciting environment
We hope this job could be the job that helps you to progress and further your career!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull