The Project Manager will play a key role in ensuring that projects & programmes within the GBS, HR and Procurement Portfolios meet the desired colleague and business outcomes.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for planning and co-ordinating activities to manage and implement projects from idea to close ensuring requirements are scoped, developed, and translated into project plans, and business cases are created and updated. The role holder will use appropriate tools and methodologies to track and report against project plans whilst ensuring that project controls are in place (e.g., managing issues and risks, project budget and finances).
The role holder will be required to provide coaching and/or direct support to all levels of management as they direct project team members through processes and deliverables. In addition, the role holder will need to have strong influencing skills and the ability to bring a team together to deliver a desired outcome.
Location - Flexible UK Based / Home working but needs to be able to travel to offices when needed for occasional meetings.
Key Accountabilities of the role
- Plan and co-ordinate activities to manage and implement projects from idea to close down
- Ensure business requirements are determined and translated into plans
- Ensure business case is created and updated to reflect any changes
- Plan, control and manage the delivery of projects to meet the agreed business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality ensuring that these match the Business’ strategic goals
- Monitor, review and report on all project attributes
- Ensure effective business processes are defined and implemented as required
- Manage the project in line with the relevant Delivery Framework and Governance
- Undertake stakeholder management to ensure individuals are aware of project progress
- Manage project team and external suppliers (as required)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience delivering projects within a structured project delivery life cycle
- Understanding of various project methodologies (e.g., PRINCE2/APM, Agile/ Waterfall)
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience of engaging stakeholders and customers at all levels
- Able to develop effective working relationships at all levels across the organisation, simplifying complex technical messages
- Commercial and customer awareness with a proven track record of ensuring the customer is always at the forefront of decision making
- Ability to drive performance and gain commitment through coaching, motivating, energising, and inspiring team members
Key Competencies/Core Capabilities required to perform the role
- Experience of working in a complex matrix Organisation
- Ability to work in an agile way, comfortable with dealing with ambiguity and navigating varying levels of stakeholder successfully
- Must be able to work under pressure and to constantly changing deadlines
- Must be pro-active and self-motivated with ability to bring a team together to work on a shared goal
- Ability to plan effectively and to think beyond the bounds of the initiative being delivered to ensure wider change delivery success
- Ability to challenge when something isn’t right, or when something is not clearly understood to enable successful delivery and to make early intervention possible
- Functionally IT literate
- Technically competent in Outlook, Work, Excel & PowerPoint
We have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees as follows:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Employee Energy Allowance
- Pension scheme
- Electric car lease scheme
- 25 days holiday allowance, public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers & travel insurance
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull