We’ve been keeping Britain warm for over 200 years. Today we power 1 in 3 homes in the UK – but supplying energy is just part of what we do. We’re on a mission to make the UK’s homes greener and more energy efficient. With clever tech like Hive thermostats, heat pumps, solar panels and EV chargers, we’re making it cheaper and easier to reduce your home’s carbon-footprint. And with our new PeakSave programme, we’re actively rewarding better energy use too. Our nationwide team of 6,500 engineers are energy efficiency experts – offering practical ways to make homes more sustainable.
To get where we're going we need a Planning Performance Analyst.
You will be working closely with the Short-Term Planning, Demand Management and Customer Delivery teams. Responsible for creating the performance narrative for the Customer Delivery function, highlighting areas of poor performance and performing root cause analyses to diagnose problems and identify improvements.
Primarily focused on Gas, but flexible as part of a team support across all business units (Gas Service & Repair, Electrical Services, Smart & Boiler Installations). Your performance narrative will support the Exec and Planning Leadership Team make decisions to improve business performance, as well as forward-looking and backward-looking diagnostic.
- Creating the performance narrative for Customer Delivery (900 FTE); assessing performance against chosen target metrics to support leadership insight and decision-making, based on actual performance.
- Measuring and embedding core metrics and principles.
- Working with the Short-Term Planning team to roll out the insight tools to Customer Delivery teams and supporting embedment.
- Establishing effective performance rhythms across Customer Delivery and interfaces with the Field performance and operation teams.
- Identifying areas that appear to not be following set parameters or are configured incorrectly and working with the relevant teams to fix.
- Performing deep dive diagnostics into performance issues to identify root cause, potential solutions, and then working with Field / Customer Delivery colleagues to implement solutions.
- Enhancing effectiveness of the Customer Delivery function via targeted interventions in identified areas of poor performance.
- Providing support for interim/short notice insight reporting.
- Championing collaboration across the Planning Optimisation function and other Planning Teams.
- Managing stakeholder relationships with Customer Delivery Teams and Field Teams.
- Experience of presenting data in suitable formats for each level of the business up to Exec level.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Root causation and complex problem-solving techniques.
- Analytical thinking and positive disruption.
- Ability to step back from the detail and see the bigger picture.
- Strong in Microsoft applications EXCEL/PowerPoint. Power BI experience beneficial.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
- Pension scheme
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull