Centrica are going through an exciting period of change. We’re evolving to become a truly purpose-led organisation, helping millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply, and affordably. We truly believe that we have a huge role to play in helping the nation to cut carbon emissions and prepare for a net zero future, and it’s a role we are immensely proud of.
An opportunity to play your part: Your role as Operations Coordinator will play a pinnacle part within our GBS Process, Risk, and Governance Team. Your day to day will involve performing tasks to guarantee that all Procurement-related risk, governance, and regulatory compliance activities align with the specified internal policies and meet legal or regulatory standards.
The day to day
- Facilitate the administration of CBS Contractor onboarding from request to re assessment.
- Ensure all operational governance and regulatory compliance activities across HR/BGS&S have been identified, documented, and continue to be maintained considering any required changes.
- Identify any new operational governance or regulatory compliance requirements that need to be supported/implemented within CBS and supporting through to completion.
- Support the delivery of any Procurement related operational governance or regulatory compliance projects/initiatives providing SME (Subject Matter Expert) input where appropriate.
- Own and operating key operational governance and regulatory compliance activities as delegated by the GBS Process, Risk and Governance Manager.
- Identify areas for improvement in the operation of Procurement operational governance and regulatory compliance activities.
- Proficiency and background in working within a systems, process, or operational compliance environment, preferably in the context of GBS/Procurement
- Robust analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Previous participation in a team involved in governance and process improvement activities.
- Demonstrated expertise in executing governance and/or regulatory compliance tasks.
- Functional IT literacy coupled with effective communication abilities for collaboration with IT professionals.
- Capacity to strategically plan and organise both individual and team tasks to ensure the attainment of targets and desired outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, allowing for confident engagement with others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Possession of creative skills, enabling the formulation of suggestions for improvement
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and adapt to constantly changing deadlines.
- Proactive and self-motivated work approach
What is in it for you
- Basic Salary of £28737.00 plus bonus potential.
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap.
- Pension scheme.
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan.
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull