PH Jones, part of British Gas, are looking for a Lead Payroll Administrator to join their team.
We can offer you an exciting journey with us, the opportunity to work with talented friendly people and put your skills to good use.
This is a permanent role with a hybrid working pattern, both onsite in Runcorn and working from home.
- Competitive salary
- Full-time, Permanent / 40 hours per week
- Hybrid working
- Company Benefits
- Employee Energy Allowance and discount on HIVE products
As a Payroll Administrator with PH Jones, you will find a variety of different tasks to complete daily. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Full end to end payroll processing weekly and monthly paid employees
- Produce earnings analysis on weekly/monthly basis for approval
- Dealing with starters/leavers, SSP/SSMP
- Set up and process any attachment of earnings orders in a timely manner
- Process P45/P46’s, P60’s and BACS payment requests
- Manage employee benefits deductions (share save and salary sacrifice)
- Dealing with HMRC e.g. RTI, FPS submissions and DPS retrieval
- Update and balance PAYE report, submitting to HMRC on monthly basis
- Deal with any ad hoc queries (e.g. mortgage applications, references, government statistics, etc.
- To be successful in this role you will have a clear understanding of Payroll related legislation, tax and PAYE procedures
- A strong analytical background,
- The successful candidate will be a highly competent user of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook and Word) with strong IT skills and an ability to learn new systems.
- Knowledge of Navision/Miracle Pay software would be advantageous
- Excellent team-working skills, with the ability to respond professionally to payroll enquiries.
- We are seeking someone with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, who is self-motivated with a problem-solving approach.
- You will have the ability to respond positively to changing workloads and priorities, with a willingness to undertake varied payroll responsibilities.
- You will have the ability to prioritise tasks, work well under pressure and manage your workload, with a high attention to detail.
You will also receive
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company matched contribution Pension Scheme up to 3%
- Group Income Protection, Life Assurance & Accident Insurance
- Level 2 Private Healthcare plan (Partial subsidy with Company)
- Access to MyHealth with 24/7 MyCare phone line
- Online GP24 virtual service
- Eye Test Voucher
- Annual pay review
- Legal Help
- Financial Education
- Centrica Benefits via ‘BeneKit’ – offers & discounts with high street partners
- Profit Share Award
- Employee Energy Allowance
PH Jones, part of British Gas, provider of Gas Central Heating Installations as well as Service & Repair to the Social Housing market. The marketplace consists of approximately 5 million homes, managed by 3,500 Housing Associations and Councils across the UK. We are now looking for a Customer Service Advisor to join our team.
Working as part of the Operations Support Team, reporting to a Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible for the administrative work associated with the delivery of Service & Repair and Installation contracts for our Social Housing clients.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull