PH Jones are looking for a Newly Qualified Gas Service & Repair Engineer to join our Social Housing team in Leicestershire and Loughborough.
Patch covers: Loughborough, Sileby, Quorn, Barrow Upon Soar, Mountsorrel, Rothley, Anstey, Syston, Woodhouse, Hathern, Shepshed.
This is an exciting NEW opportunity for a gas engineer to join our team and help us continue to enhance our brand reputation and serve our customers.
- Starting Basic Salary £26,400 per annum + Bonus + Call-out, increasing to £29,640 upon successful completion of your HTR1, CKR1 and relevant repair upskill programmes.
- Permanent 40 hours a week
- Monday – Friday
- Fully Costed Van & Fuel Card
- Full Uniform & PPE
We are investing in the future of our industry network and can offer you development opportunities and a rewarding work environment. You will train with top talent and industry professionals, in a supported learning environment in one of our academies and out in the field.
We will also upskill your ACS qualifications and further develop your skills through various manufacturers renewable training centres.
We are looking for people who are passionate about driving change, making customer's lives and experiences better, and being part of a company that allows you to be at our best.
Interviews to take place week commencing 11th December
- Carry out service and repairs along with general preventive maintenance
- Prepare and maintain records of completed work
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable procedures and safety measures
- Uphold PH Jones and British Gas company standards at all times
- Offer excellent customer service on every job
- Adapting to a wide variety of different working environments
- Must hold a valid in date driving licence with no more than 6 points
- Must hold a valid right to work in the UK
- Must hold ACS ACS accreditation in CCN1, CEN1, WAT1 (CENWAT), CPA1
- Must be confident and have good written and verbal communication skills
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company matched contribution Pension Scheme up to 3%
- Group Income Protection, Life Assurance & Accident Insurance
- Company Funded Healthcare plan
- Access to MyHealth with 24/7 MyCare phone line
- Online GP24 virtual service
- Eye Test Voucher
- Annual pay review
- Legal Help
- Financial Education
- Centrica Benefits via ‘BeneKit’ – offers & discounts with high street partners
- Profit Share Award
- Employee Energy Allowance
At PH Jones we want everyone to feel like they are part of a caring business. Everything we deliver to our customers is underpinned by our ways of working which ensure we work safely, and everyone returns home to their families.
Our employees play a key role in driving forward with our strategy. Our well-being and reward packages ensure we support and recognise passionate, hardworking members of the team. We have great opportunities to help develop your skills and progress your career both within PH Jones and the wider Centrica Group. #LI-PHJ
PH Jones was acquired by British Gas in 2011. You will be joining a growing team of permanent and contract heating engineers to meet the needs of our customers when they need it most.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull