In this exciting and challenging new role, the Finance Business Partner - Metering (MAP) will focus on supporting the Director, Finance (Metering) and Business stakeholders by providing Business Partner Support and Commercial Insight to the new Centrica Meter Asset Provider (MAP).
As the Centrica strategy continues to evolve the creation of an In-House MAP not only utilises the strength of the Centrica Group Balance Sheet to finance the installation of our smart meters, but also provides a vehicle to achieve our ambition of a profitable future Net Zero platform. Delivering high quality Business Financial Partnering and Commercial support will be pivotal to the success of this new venture.
MAP definition – A business that finances the installation of Smart Meters. The MAP will own and operate the meter assets renting them to Energy Suppliers.
Location - Windsor with flexible home working
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Car allowance
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
- Pension scheme
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance
- Finance Business Partner lead for Centrica’s newly formed in-house Meter Asset Provider (MAP)
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the MAP Business
- Work with the Commercial and Operational teams to deliver business strategy and its translation into financial impacts, and lead its effective communication across wider Finance
- Provide commercial analysis and decision support for areas such as target pricing rates and contractual terms.
- Lead budgeting process to deliver robust and challenging plans
- Translate financial business performance into clear reporting content
- Prepare and present business cases for senior stakeholders. Support subsequent delivery of these plans and tracking against the original MAP Investment case.
- Interaction with external stakeholders
- Support the month end process and subsequent reporting
- Share best practice across Energy Finance team
Competencies required to thrive in this role:
- Ability to achieve outcomes within agreed timeframes and under time pressures
- Motivated by continuous improvement and high-quality output
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex financial analysis into summarised output
- Team player with experience in building a strong network of relationships across the business and finance teams
- Strong strategic thinking – able to step away from the detail to see the bigger picture
- Commercially minded with confidence to work directly with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to communicate to senior stakeholders
- Strong MS Office skills required, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull