Services & Solutions – Dublin Based
Reporting to: Head of Field Development
Bord Gáis Energy generates, sells and trades energy for use in the Republic of Ireland. We’ve been in operation since 1976 and today we supply over 750,000 customers with energy in Ireland. In 2014 we became part of Centrica plc. We are a progressive company with a reputation for experience and expertise in the energy market, and are committed to ensuring that all of our activity is aimed at benefiting and serving our customers.
Here at Bord Gáis Energy, we are helping our customers transition to a more sustainable way of living. As we offer our customers new green technology, we are seeking to hire experienced Electricians to join our growing team.
We will upskill you to become a leading installer of Heat Pumps, Solar Photovoltaic Systems, Electrical Vehicle Chargers and other green technologies. If you are a highly motivated individual committed to delivering a great customer experience and would like the chance to play a role in shaping the energy services market in Ireland, this could be the opportunity for you!
About the Role
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including fuses, lights, and wiring
- Electrical Installation and commissioning of Heat Pumps, Electrical Vehicle Chargers, Photovoltaic Solar Systems, Battery Storage and Heating Control upgrades
- Assist in carrying out all aspect of electrical installation and commissioning for a PV system, including but not limited to electrical wiring, mounting of inverters and batteries, testing, installation of main switches and other standard commercial and residential electrical work
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints, and standards
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Carry out a range of electrical safety tests on domestic heating installations
- Organising specific onsite requirements of customers in a friendly and timely manner
- Carrying out all works to both customers and Bord Gáis Energy’s satisfaction
- Implement new standards and procedures in accordance with current standards and legislation and any changes to working practices deemed necessary by Bord Gáis Energy.
- Advanced Craft Certificate Level 6 Electrician
- Safe Electric Registered
- 3 - 5 years of electrical experience
- Good technical ability
- Experience in Solar Photovoltaic Installation and commissioning would be an advantage, but full training will be provided
- Experience in Heat Pump Installations and commissioning would be an advantage, but full training will be provided
- Full clean Irish Driving License
- You’re driven individual with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Full clean Irish driving license
- Strong interpersonal and customer skills, with the ability to work with the general public and within a wider team with specific targets
- A positive, safe attitude and approach to all work and training activities
- Available to travel when required
- Willing to work overtime
Bord Gáis Energy are committed to placing equality, diversity, care and respect at the heart of our policies and everyday practices. We encourage everyone to take part in our active employee networks, including the Women's network, Neurodiversity network, and BRÓD, our LGBTQ+ network. We're proud of the work our networks and allies do to help us promote a culture of inclusion, empowering our colleagues to be themselves and do their best work. Our vision is to employ a diverse mix of people who reflect the societies we work in and the customers we serve, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Here in Bord Gáis Energy we’re helping to create a more sustainable and inclusive future that supports our communities, our planet – and each other. The prevention of family homelessness in Ireland is an area where we believe we can make a real difference and through our partnership with Focus Ireland, we have been working on making this a reality since 2015. We encourage all colleagues to get involved in the partnership, with everyone receiving 2 days' volunteering leave to participate in initiatives or events supporting Focus Ireland.
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 22 November 2023.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull