How does being at the sharp end of the transition to net zero sound? We’re after a Digital Content Manager that can help us to tell our sustainability story across web and social channels.
You will be looking to take the next step in your career, but will already have had some real hands-on experience in digital communications and a great eye for a story.
You’ll also be able to spot potential risks online – before they can develop into media stories.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Communications you’ll be given the opportunity to run your own digital campaigns – that could mean bringing to life our financial calendar, our diversity and inclusion agenda or our net zero ambitions.
Ideally, you’re a content all rounded, used to turning out great written copy, creating stunning digital assets and project managing third party creative support when appropriate.
We think our social content is on-point and our main corporate website centrica.com has won multiple awards. We want your help in winning many more.
What other activities will you be involved in?
- Lead on content development and delivery of proactive social media strategy.
- Provide insight to our press office on hot topics on digital channels that threaten our reputation
- Support our social media customer service team with any reputational issues. This includes training and upskilling the team on identifying any issues.
- Be part of our on-call rota for social media and press office.
- Quickly develop a network of contacts across the business to ensure we are continuing to share stories from across the organisation.
- Manage relationships with key agencies and third party partners.
- Ensure that we continue to push the boundaries and innovate through an audience and data-led ‘test and learn’ mentality.
To be great in this role, you will need:
- Experience in developing successful communications in a hands-on role, especially corporate digital communications for website and social media, possible within agency
- Proven stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders of varying seniority.
- The role involves out of hours media cover, so experience dealing with reactive national journalist enquiries is a bonus.
- A great eye for spotting potential risks and issues that may be reputationally damaging
- Highly collaborative team player and able to work at pace on complex issues.
- Ability to develop and deliver engagement and communication campaigns across our professional stakeholder groups to drive corporate reputation.
- An eye for detail on design and graphics
- First-class written and verbal communication skills.
- To have a data lead approach and share insight with internal stakeholders in a simplified and informative style to help lead decision making.
- The ability to work autonomously, deliver against objectives and make good decisions under pressure.
In return we will offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
- Pension scheme
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull