This is a permanent full-time position (37 hours per week)
This is a hybrid role, we’re looking for people who can commute to our Stockport office and work from home. To get the most out of your training and grad bay experience you’ll be asked to attend the office in person for the majority of the first 8 weeks. After your training and grad bay period we take a flexible approach to working with some time throughout the month spent connecting with your team onsite.
Here’s the address:
Start date January 2024
Salary £24,945 per annum+ annual bonus of up to 16% (paid quarterly)
- During training, your hours will be 0900-1700 Monday to Friday
- After training, your shift will fall between 0800-1800 Monday to Friday, you’ll be advised of your 37 hours weekly shift during your training period
- We have a ‘FlexFirst’ policy for hybrid working. FlexFirst is about working flexibly between home and offices, not home working exclusively. There will be an expectation set out by your manager about when you’ll need to come into the office. Please be aware, your contract is office based.
- To get the most out of your training and grad bay experience you’ll be asked to attend the office in person for the majority of the first 8 weeks. After your training and grad bay period we take a flexible approach to working with some time throughout the month spent connecting with your team onsite.
At British Gas our customers and our colleagues are our priority. Our job is to remain focused on delivering our purpose to help customers live Sustainably, Simply and Affordably. It’s what we do best. We’re proud to live our values every single day. We care. We’re courageous. We collaborate with each other.
What you’ll be doing;
- You’ll be working as a Customer Resolution Agent within our British Gas Residential Energy Division.
- This is a customer- facing role, dealing with gas and electricity enquiries and complaints, taking calls throughout the day. In the future, there may be a requirement for you to flex across other contact channels such as webchats, emails & messaging services to best suit customer requirements.
- You will be a tech adopter and have end to end accountability for the management and resolution of customer contact received. Delivering a one stop resolution and removing the need for repeat customer effort.
- This isn’t your bog standard customer service role, you will have overall case management responsibility for your customers, escalating issues where necessary, managing your customers expectations until you reach a resolution.
- You will be allocated a set amount of time each week to manage your customer case load, you will be given the autonomy to manage your cases to ensure timely resolution for your customers.
- This is your chance to really make a difference to our customers’ energy journey. You’ll be empowered to make smart and effective decisions by placing your customer at the heart of everything you do.
- We’re constantly improving our processes and systems to best support our customers, so you’ll receive regular upskill training activity to support you through this along with access to knowledge articles to support your enduring ability to access guidance and know how.
- We’re committed to embed a culture of Continuous Improvement by identifying and implementing small changes in our day-to-day roles which will improve customer and colleague experience
The skills we need from you;
- Your absolute passion and flair for delivering amazing customer service should be one of your motivational drivers
- You should have fantastic communication skills both written and verbal, and we’ll be assessing these skills throughout our recruitment and training process
- To respond positively and support yourself through change in an ever-evolving energy market
- Proactively manage and monitor cases to key milestones and deadlines identifying opportunities to make the delivery more efficient and effective.
- We need resilient people with lots of energy and enthusiasm to deal with the different types of enquiries we receive every day
- Highly organised enabling you to manage high volume and competing priorities , naturally working proactively and with autonomy.
- Previous experience of working across teams of multi-disciplinary colleagues.
- Previous experience of case and/or project/process management within a regulated environment.
- Experience of having worked in a process & customer service oriented environment, and monitoring your own performance. You know what ‘good’ looks like and the steps to take to get there.
- Ability to see the bigger picture in terms of balancing customer outcomes, and business needs, adapting your approach accordingly.
- This department is super-fast paced and, at times, can be high pressure so your resilience, agility and ownership skills are key to this role
- The ability to balance empathy and professionalism, dealing with colleagues and key stakeholders with sensitivity, professionalism and competence. You care about people and the way we achieve success
- You’ll need to be digitally savvy as you will be working across multiple complex systems
- Providing the right solution first time is a key focus of in all roles to ensure we deliver against our promises
- We ask you to be courageous and creative with your ideas to improve the customer journey and our processes that support this.
What else you’ll need:
When you work from home you will need a reliable broadband speed. We ask that it’s at least 10mbps download and similar upload speed. You’ll also need a suitable home working environment (we’ll provide the computer equipment, but you will need a suitable desk space with no interruptions or distractions).
Let’s talk benefits
- Private Medical Cover
- Holiday Allowance - 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension
- A superb selection of fabulous flexible benefits
- Occasional office commute – that’s got to be good for your wallet and the planet!
- Opportunity to develop your skills for future career development.
You’ll need the Right to Work in the UK so a passport or a birth certificate and proof of National Insurance are essential. A credit check will be arranged to ensure you meet our employment criteria. We’ll also ask you to complete a Basic Disclosure Check and of course we’ll collect your previous employment references as standard.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull