We’ve been in Britain’s homes for over 200 years. But at British Gas, we’ve never been more excited about the future.
Right now, we’re at a pivotal moment. As well as leading our customers through a once-in-a-generation cost of living crisis, we’ve got big plans to get our homes closer to Net Zero.
That’s why we need a brilliant Commercial Retention Manager to help us get to where we’re going. You’ll bring bags of energy, know-how and passion to our family of door-opening brands, including British Gas and Hive. And you’ll join a team who are just as focused delivering on fantastic results as you are.
This role exists to improve the lives of our Services customers. You will own a life stage of the customer experience (e.g. renewal), find problems or potential improvements and then manage the solution through to execution. This feeds the business goal of retaining more customers and at a higher value.
Key Accountabilities of the role
- Proactively build an understanding of your customer through dialogue with our colleagues, commissioning of research and listening to customers directly in their homes and on the phone
- Create an actionable customer segmentation that will enable the business to tailor the customer experience appropriately
- Spot opportunities and work with finance and other commercial teams to create a business case and persuade the business to invest
- Drive customer retention initiatives through to delivery through collaboration with and organization of your British Gas colleagues
- Work with our internal pricing team to develop pricing models and retention toolkits which are fair and commercially sound
- Own the performance of your KPIs, explaining any sudden or gradual trends as well as forecasting the future.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working in commercial roles
- Experience partnering with finance to create business cases
- Experience of the trading cycle in a B2C company
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience working in subscription or insurance industry (preferred)
- Experience working in customer retention (preferred)
- Exposure to in customer marketing (preferred)
- Exposure to digital product development (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degrees minimum
We are proud to be recognised as a disability-confident employer. Our customers come from a variety of different backgrounds, and so do we. We hire great people from all walks of life, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We will continue championing inclusivity while investing in our local communities to create a better, more sustainable world for everyone.
We are incredibly proud to have been recognised by The Times for being one of the Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our people are the beating heart of our business. We are incredibly proud of our commitment to being FlexFirst. From childcare to furry friends, we listened to our people and understood that they work best when they are comfortable and have a flexible working model that suits their individual needs. We embrace the opportunity to give our colleagues a choice to work from anywhere whilst still ensuring they can connect and engage with their teams through office days, employee networks and virtual events.
In addition, after listening to what matters most to them, we have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees.
💰 Competitive salary and bonus potential
💡 Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
👵 Pension scheme
🚗 Electric car lease scheme
⛱ 33 days holiday allowance, inclusive of public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
🏋️♀️Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers & travel insurance
🌲 We are committed to creating a cleaner and greener future. And we’re making big changes to help us get there. That means cutting customers' emissions and our own to reach net zero. And because our people are the beating heart of our business, we will continue to champion inclusivity, develop future skills and invest in our local communities to create a better world for everyone. As part of our reforestation project with WeForest, for every new employee that joins our family, we plant trees in underprivileged areas in Tanzania to offer farming and wildlife economy opportunities for locals.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull