CDC are an established and innovative consultancy scale-up providing acoustic and fire engineering services to a varied pool of interesting projects across all sectors within the built environment.
Our talented team deliver collaboratively on all of our projects and their diverse thinking, expertise and knowledge are key to our success. To complement these existing services, we are looking tom recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor to grow a surveying team.
The business operates from a head office in Colchester, Essex, with an additional office in Shoreditch, London. Incorporated in 2014, the business works across all sectors and has a wide client list, throughout the UK and Internationally. Cahill Design Consultants is looking to recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor to assist with growing a Building Surveying team within the business. We are looking for an ambitious individual to take overall management responsibility for the team.
When it comes to working at CDC, we have a clear company culture and value the professional development of each team member. We are proud to be a ‘Flexified’ employer (https://flexa.careers/) offering all staff flexible working. We are a developing company and provide high levels of service without compromising the standard of our service OR the welfare of our staff. We pride ourselves on being an ambitious business, striving to provide our staff with the tools, training, project exposure and investment in their future development.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join the business in the role of Chartered Building Surveyor and Team Leader. Reporting to the Managing Director you will support the Company’s senior management team. This role has excellent prospects for an individual who is ambitious to progress and enjoys working within a vibrant, collaborative team. The role is to develop and grow a Surveying team within the business.
- Grow and manage a surveying team with the business, with support from the wider management team.
- Provide professional building surveying services to a wide range of projects across the UK.
- Manage technical input into projects, including report writing and technical review.
- Support the business with preparation of technical and commercial proposals
- Be part of ,and contribute to, the wider management team
- Contribute to the growth of the Company
- Support growth with business development activities and new Client management
- As a minimum hold a Degree in Building Surveying.
- Hold Membership of RICS
- Proven management experience within a consultancy environment
- Be able to develop Client relationships, securing the future growth of the business
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Have excellent team management skills, setting clear targets for team members;
- Excellent working knowledge of all relevant codes of practice and industry standards;
- Be able to work and travel throughout the UK and occasionally overseas;
- Have strong technical, commercial, mentoring and interpersonal skills;
- Be highly motivated, conscientious and diligent with attention to detail;
The Benefits: In addition to the above, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work.
- Flexible Working
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave buy or sell scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Annual performance related bonus and salary increases (discretionary)
- Cycle scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Group Life Assurance & Group Income Protection Insurance
- Training & Development opportunities
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
14 Hewett Street
London EC2A 3NP
Creative Business Centre,
37 Queen Street,
DESIGN | ENGINEER | DIGITAL
We asked employees of Cahill Design Consultants Ltd how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Cahill Design Consultants Ltd
Gender diversity (male:female)