We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
Want to work for the most-watched online car channel in the WORLD?
Well, carwow is looking for a dynamic full-time Short-form Video Editor to join our industry-leading content team to take our social video game to the next level. You will be instrumental in creating content for all our social platforms: YouTube Shorts, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
You’ll be responsible for accelerating our short-form output, ensuring our videos are fun, engaging and shareable. You’ll be monitoring upcoming video trends on a daily basis, reacting as quickly as possible to ride the crest of a wave as soon as it breaks. Along with that, you’ll also be heading out to get hands-on with cars to create bespoke, unique content to share across all our channels.
Are you the kind of person with the enthusiasm and willingness to learn, who wants to join us on this journey? If so, you’ll be given the opportunity to make the role your own with the freedom to do what’s necessary (well… within reason obvs) to help us achieve our ambitious targets. Be warned: you’ll have to spend quite a lot of time with a range of amazing cars producing awesome content on them.
If you’re up for the challenge and don’t mind joining us for a drag race or two or having to work from the back seats of a £500,000 Rolls-Royce, read on...
- Ideation & planning the creation of authentic & engaging short-form video content for all carwow social channels - TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Shooting short-form video content, either on-location at YouTube long-form video shoots or at bespoke short-form video shoots.
- Editing captured content within the parameters required for each social platform (i.e. length & aspect ratio).
- Cut-downs of long-form YouTube videos for the creation of short-form content.
- Regular monitoring of social platforms for new & upcoming trends to enable the creation of reactive, on-trend video content.
- Publishing & scheduling social content across all social platforms.
- Monitoring social channel analytics & implementing learnings into future content planning.
- Fluent with Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro & After Effects).
- Working knowledge of our core social media platforms.
- An interest in cars - you don’t need to be a complete car whizz but knowing the difference between a BMW 1 series and an Audi RS3 is a must.
- Previous experience creating short-form video content (either professionally or personally).
- Experience using DSLR or Mirrorless cameras as well as creating content with phones.
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Junior Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Agency Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- OEM Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- IT Office Helpdesk Technician
- Revenue Operations Manager
- Partner Insight Specialist
- Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Specialist (m/w/d)
- Key Account & Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Trainee Sales Executive
- OEM Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Global People Team Administrator
- Media Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Senior Product Designer
- Office Operations Manager
- Team Lead Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Head of Customer Marketing
- (Junior) Business & Operations Analyst (w/m/d)
- Head of Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Senior CRM Manager
- Marketing Analyst Intern
- Praktikum / Werkstudentstelle - Plattform Konfigurator (w/m/d)
- Business Analyst Intern
- Marketing Communications Specialist (w/m/d)
- Copywriter (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Business Development (w/m/d)