We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
As we continue to grow and scale we are looking to add this pivotal new role of Transactional Finance Manager to the finance department. This role will manage the global AP/AR, billing, banking and treasury functions of the finance department across our four entities; UK, Spain, Germany and Portugal. The role is based in the head office in London and will report directly to the financial controller and will be hybrid working, but would consider fully remote working.
- Full management of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- All banking and expense transactions
- Responsible for working capital management including payment runs
- Processing and management of PO system and liaising with stakeholders across the business
- Responsible for handling queries both external and internally
- Reviewing AR ledgers and escalating any aged debt
- Drive improvements of transactional and billing processes through automation
- Management of 1 direct report (in Portugal) but day to day supervision of all AP/AR related work across the business (UK, Portugal, Germany and Spain)
- Experience managing AP/AR in a similar role is essential
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Accountancy qualification – AAT, ACCA, CIMA preferred but not essential
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly skilled in excel and familiarity with Google Software
- Experience of Netsuite desirable
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021