carwow is looking for a Strategy & Insights Associate to join our global Strategy team.
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users, an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.6 and have collected over 3 billion YouTube views.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors including Vitruvian, Balderton, Accel, Episode 1, Daimler, and Volvo, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 320 carwowers from >20 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the team
Reporting to the COO, the Strategy Team’s mission is to lead the development, communication and implementation of winning strategies that drive carwow’s long-term, sustainable & profitable growth.
Led by the Head of Strategy (ex-BCG), the team’s role expands across four key areas:
Working in the Strategy Team at carwow means being at the forefront of the automotive industry's shift online. You'll have the opportunity to directly influence the direction of a fast-growing tech company, and help establish carwow as the number one destination for changing your car.
About the role
We're seeking a Strategy & Insights Associate to join our Strategy Team, reporting directly to the Head of Strategy.
Utilising your strengths in research, analytics, and insights, you'll be responsible for identifying market and competitor trends, partnering with internal stakeholders to develop and communicate strategy, and ensuring its cross-functional execution.
To thrive in this role, you'll need strong business acumen, the ability to link issues together, and skills in breaking down complex problems into simple frameworks. You'll also be adept at adapting your communication skills to your audience, including the Board, Exec team, and the wider carwow team.
As part of a fast-paced and dynamic tech scale-up, you'll enjoy diverse strategic challenges and the chance to work on multiple work streams simultaneously. A self-starter who relishes in ambiguity will excel in this environment.
Join us on our mission to change the face of car ownership and give drivers total car confidence. Apply today!
- Conduct research, analytics & insights
- Conduct primary & secondary (both qualitative and quantitative) research on an ongoing basis into our market, consumers, partners and competitors to inform strategy development, prioritisation and proposition development
- Use data interpretation skills to process and bring together qualitative & quantitative data and to draw out insights
- Ensure Strategy is executed across carwow:
- Help teams turn their strategies into actionable and measurable quarterly objectives and coach them on developing high-quality OKRs.
- Ensure that OKRs are aligned with our company agenda and that dependencies are clearly identified and mapped.
- Operate and continually improve our Quarterly Business Review process, where we review, draft, and align OKRs across teams.
- Drive ongoing in-quarter monitoring, reporting, and team engagement with OKRs
- Develop our Board & investor materials:
- Hold the pen on the Board deck and investor packs, working closely with the Head of Strategy, Head of FP&A, COO and FD
- Strategy offsite preparation:
- Help shape the agenda and ensure our quarterly strategy offsites are fully coordinated and prepared
- Develop the content in partnership with the rest of the strategy team, the Exec team and stakeholders across the business
To excel in this role, you'll need to embody carwow's values and leverage your strengths in four key areas:
Additional role requirements:
- Intermediate proficiency with SQL and Tableau, supported by strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English, both written and verbal (native not required)
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Proficiency in German and/or Spanish languages
- Familiarity with OKRs and their implementation
- Background in tech scale-ups, online marketplaces, or the automotive industry
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021