carwow is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product organisation in London. You will report into the Group Product Manager
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
Our mission is to completely transform the vehicle-selling process. Achieving precise valuation and pricing is paramount in maintaining marketplace balance between our sellers and dealers. We're looking for you to spearhead and guide our inaugural ML product team in crafting customised pricing solutions. Our aim is to harness the full potential of AI to revolutionise the selling experience!
As a Senior Product Manager, you'll collaborate closely with a diverse, cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and analysts to establish automated valuation processes. This presents an incredibly thrilling opportunity to craft extraordinary user experiences through the application of cutting-edge machine-learning technology.
- Strategy: Create collaboratively with the product and commercial leadership across markets an exciting product vision and strategy for the commercial side of our Sell My Car vertical.
- Problem definition and structured thinking:
- Synthesises insights from various sources to craft a clear problems statement articulating the root cause problem in an structured way and demonstrates clarity when aligning the team to the problem.
- Identify and use a range of confidence building methods to learn as fast as possible and ensure we build the right thing.
- Outcome ownership: Align the team around the outcome they are working towards and is able to prioritise effectively on multiple dimensions. Experience in mapping and improving processes.
- Set up team for success: Create an environment that allows the team to get the best out of all the people in their squad by helping provide wider context, giving clarity on goals, supporting and setting processes for the team to collaborate effectively.
- Communication: Ensures all people involved and the wider commercial team are aware of the team strategy, initiatives, priorities and progress.
- Influence: Builds relationships easily to empower the squad to achieve the desired outcome often by influencing the opinions of others often outside of your team.
- Stakeholder management: Work with Product Ambassadors to get the right input, their ideas and ensure that they have the right information to represent the product team into their areas/functions.
- Voice of the customer: Build empathy with our customers and leverage feedback to understand how users engage with the product, make better decisions, and drive meaningful outcomes for the business.
- You are a strategic thinker, being able to think both top down and bottom up.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- As a guide, you’ll have experience working in a product role (3-5 years) involving data science/machine learning
- Enjoy being hands on with a cross functional team of analysts, data scientists and engineers
- Ideally, you would have experience working in high paced environments
- Have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems.
- Be forward-thinking and ambitious.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, whether to the tech team, to other stakeholders or to our leadership team. Effective in distilling complex solutions into bite-sized pieces when speaking and writing
- Be a great prioritiser, not afraid to say no.
- Love working autonomously, but you’re able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style.
- You have proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities.
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021