3–4 days/week at home
A little flex time
carwow is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Research & Design Team. You will be working on our Get Your Car product, which is our core buying experience across the UK, Germany and Spain.
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
The Experience Design team is at the heart of our Product team, working directly with Product Management in defining and developing our product offerings. Day-to-day, you will be a member of one of our eight Product Squads, working using Agile methodologies and rituals.
Our common Design goal is to build and develop a scalable product for car buyers and sellers. carwow has a data-driven environment; we love to learn continuously as we ship Products. The team collaborates with our in-house Data team and User Research to build quantitative and qualitative insights helping us to guide our Product Vision and thinking.
Designers have direct coaching support from Design Leadership. You'll have access to a personal learning budget and regular 1-2-1s to support your role, personal development, and well-being.
- Practice user-centred focused design. Have the user at the heart of your thinking, can empathise by defining a user problem, create a job story, and establish design goals and success metrics. Openly challenge assumptions and validate problems with research and data.
- Understanding of Design Systems for a digital Product. Being comfortable working on a responsive website, designing with a mobile-first perspective. In an interview show examples and explain how components are created and used.
- Show and apply Design and Product Principles in your work. Communicate work and demonstrate how you collect, process and respond to feedback.
- Contribute and maintain our style guide, working with Product Designers and Front-end developers to keep our Figma library up to date and website looking consistent.
Want more information on the role?
Here's how we onboard new staff, our career progression framework, our product principles and carwow's values; 7 ways to be WOW!
- Proven experience working at a digital agency or tech company in a mid-level or senior position
- A case study, of either a user flow, feature or A/B experiment that shows the design process in-depth, including problem definition, research and evidence, wireframes, UI prototypes and production-ready designs
- Knowledge in using data to make informed decisions, may include; running surveys, Google Analytics or equivalent tools, or user testing
- Good skills with design and prototyping software (e.g. Figma, Sketch, InVision, AdobeCC)
- Created a Design System and build a pattern library in Figma, Sketch, Framer etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can clearly articulate ideas and design rationale, annotate interactions and handover notes to developers
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Junior Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Agency Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- OEM Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- IT Office Helpdesk Technician
- Revenue Operations Manager
- Partner Insight Specialist
- Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Specialist (m/w/d)
- Key Account & Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Trainee Sales Executive
- OEM Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Global People Team Administrator
- Media Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Office Operations Manager
- Team Lead Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Head of Customer Marketing
- (Junior) Business & Operations Analyst (w/m/d)
- Head of Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Senior CRM Manager
- Marketing Analyst Intern
- Praktikum / Werkstudentstelle - Plattform Konfigurator (w/m/d)
- Business Analyst Intern
- Marketing Communications Specialist (w/m/d)
- Copywriter (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Business Development (w/m/d)