We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
We’re looking for a mid-senior level comms professional to shape and deliver our UK external communications PR for carwow for the next 12 months. The right candidate will be great at hands-on implementation and leading proactive and reactive communications from planning to execution.
The Senior PR & Communications Manager will be responsible for nurturing relationships with media, partners and other key opinion leaders over the period, to continue to maintain carwow as a leader in the online automotive space.
A track record in the eCommerce industry is preferred, yet the willingness to learn fast and turn their hands to any part of the communications mix, from consumer, B2B or corporate comms is a must.
The candidate will be managing partner agencies, be able to offer counsel and be a curious and natural external and internal networker, spotting positive media opportunities and see them through to delivery.
- Act as manager on external communications, delivering results to position carwow as the leader in the tech and automotive industry
- Execute the UK communications strategy and activities to support the business objectives through integrated communications channels
- Handle a dynamic mix of consumer, business-to-business, reputation (CSR, ESG) and corporate communications.
- Responsible for core B2B, consumer, employer and corporate Communications channels including but not limited to media relations / all earned media channels, events, LinkedIn
- Be the day-to-day contact for external PR agencies, overseeing campaign delivery, reporting and ROI.
- Be able to think creatively, tactically and strategically
- Deliver impactful communications copy including press releases, thought leadership articles, Q&A and messaging and internal or partner communications.
- Be an advisor on potential reputational challenges and crisis management.
- Responsible for consistency and quality of messaging across all external-facing channels.
- Closely partner on execution with the wider marketing team
- Multiple years experience in communications, either in-house or in-agency
- Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to work independently and to drive projects
- The ability to use the Google suite and social platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and content platforms such as wordpress
- Ability to build relationships and trust with the press
- Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
- Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
- Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
- Learning and development budget
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
- Refer a friend and get paid!
- Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021