We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2022 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
To achieve carwow's ambitions we have fostered a culture of data driven innovation and evidence based decision making. As a Senior Analyst supporting our Commercial function you will lead relationships and proactively identify opportunities to improve our proposition for those on both sides of our marketplace. We collect huge amounts of data and you will be using your analytical expertise to find the insights that change the status quo and accelerate the growth of the company exponentially.
The role sits within the Analytics & Data Science team to benefit from the wider expertise but is closely aligned with Commercial team stakeholders to enable us to deliver the most impactful analysis by fully understanding business questions,
carwow is a high growth business and this role is a high growth opportunity. To be successful it requires an enterprising spirit, self-discipline and the knack to be straight talking yet constructive.
- Work closely with commercial managers, account managers and operations teams across our offices.
- Use data to proactively identify business opportunities within the customer and supplier side of our marketplace.
- Use your commercial knowledge and analytical skills to identify root causes, size impacts and propose solutions to changes in our business.
- Develop measurement frameworks to quantify the impact of business actions.
- Build capabilities that allow your business partners to self-serve their data needs.
- Work collaboratively with the product and growth analytics teams
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- High level of commercial awareness with a keen interest solving business problems
- A deep interest and aptitude in analytical measurement methods and the ability to identify and apply the most appropriate framework to each business problem.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to influence action by simplifying the complex, creating actionable recommendations and tailoring content to different audiences.
- Extensive experience of using data to create actionable insights
- Able to prioritise your time effectively, managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable moving quickly, building MVPs and iterating to improve over time.
- Strong SQL and either Python or R skills and commercial experience
- Strong visualisation (preferably using Tableau), analysis & reporting skills
- Experience working in an analytics or data science role.
- Ideally a numerate degree in. maths, science, computer science, economics, engineering or similar
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (1-2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook Pro and peripherals)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Head of Global People Operations
- Junior IT Technician
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)
- Office & Community Manager:in (m/w/d) Teilzeit mit 20-30 Stunden/Woche
- Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Transactional Finance Manager
- Media Operations Coordinator:in (m/w/d)
- Video-Editor:in / Cutter:in (m/w/d)
- Junior Project Manager (m/w/d)
- Videographer:in (m/w/d)
- D2C Partnerships Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Head of Global People Operations
- Global People Partner (m/w/d)
- Interim Head of Global Talent Management - maternity cover (FTC)
- Interim Head of Global Talent Management (m/w/d) - maternity cover
- Customer Experience Representative (German market)
- Online Marketing Manager:in - Affiliate Partnerships (w/m/d)
- Creative Strategy Manager
- Senior Data Scientist
- Media Operations Coordinator (m/w/d)
- Performance Marketing Manager - Germany
- Media Operations Coordinator
- Strategy & Insight Associate
- Senior Strategy Associate
- FP&A Analyst - Operations
- Recruiting Specialist (m/w/d)
- Praktikum Business & Operations Analyst (w/m/d)
- Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Junior Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Agency Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Revenue Operations Manager
- Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Specialist (m/w/d)
- OEM Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Media Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Team Lead Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- (Junior) Commercial Performance & Analytics Manager (w/m/d)
- Head of Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Business Development (w/m/d) - ab September 2023