carwow is looking for a Product Analyst to join our Analytics team on a full-time basis.
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
Do you want to make your mark within a fast-moving industry? While being part of the Marketing and Product Analytics function, as a Product Analyst, you’ll also become an integral part of a Product Team. You’ll leverage your analytical expertise to identify opportunities whereby we can deliver new products, and improve the quality of existing and overall customer experience - ultimately driving exponential growth, and innovation in an industry evolution that you’ll be a part of shaping.
We collect huge amounts of data from our product, and you will be empowered to apply your analytical expertise to perform tasks varying from understanding all aspects of the customer journey in our product, to analysing our product testing strategy, researching product development working closely with product managers, designers, and researchers.
- Analysing our customer’s user behaviour and our product performance to generate actionable insights that can drive the product teams.
- Working fully embedded within our product teams to influence/challenge decisions through data-informed recommendations when analysing product changes and identifying new opportunities.
- Design and analyse AB tests turning key results into actionable insights.
- Democratise insight across the product function and the wider business, sharing learnings and celebrating our successes.
- Maintain and develop excellence in product analytics tools such as our experimentation platform and Amplitude.
- Supporting the wider analytics and data science community here at carwow, with knowledge shares and peer learning.
Join us in shaping the future of product analytics and driving transformative growth at carwow.
We understand that no candidate will perfectly match every requirement, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- Proactivity and curiosity are vital qualities in our analytics team to enable you to take responsibility for your area of product.
- Proven technical skills in SQL and a desire to learn Python.
- Experience of experimental design and analysis (AB testing).
- Experience of using web analytics tools (Amplitude, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc)
- Experience in visualisation and dashboarding.
- You are comfortable working with complex datasets to explore and extra insights that can explain business and product performance.
- You are comfortable transforming abstract questions into quantifiable metrics and actionable insights that drive our understanding.
- You are enthusiastic about data, metrics, analysis, trends and applying statistical methodologies to evaluate user behaviour and online products.
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company-wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunches, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
Please note that applications for this role will be reviewed from 13 December.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021