We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the team
At carwow’s we help our customers to navigate all aspects of the car buying journey, and that also includes helping them to sell their existing car. Customers can list their cars on our site, and our network of trusted dealers, who are always looking for great cars, bid to buy them. Once a price is agreed, we help to make the hand the handover as smooth as possible. Not only do we want to have the best experience for car owners, but we also want to be the best place for our dealer partners to acquire stock. Sometimes it feels like we’re just getting started but we’ve already come a really long way, growing this part of our business by over 100% each year.
Online auctions like ours are still a relatively new way to sell a car or for a dealer to buy one, and so we’re at the forefront of changing an industry. Being part of the Sell My Car team means being part of a really dynamic and focused group who are passionate about navigating this new way of doing things and committed to getting it right - for customers and dealers. We’re changing our business almost daily and so we work together really collaboratively to understand what needs to be done and how we’re going to do it. We love solving problems and figuring out, every day ‘how to make it better’. And you can see the results of that approach in what our customers say about us on TrustPilot.
We’re looking for a talented Partner Onboarding Specialist to join our hugely successful Account Management team during the next phase of our growth. Successful candidates will play a fundamental role in driving platform engagement from new dealers to our service.
About the role
You will be the first touchpoint for dealers partners once their application to join our stock sourcing platform is approved. Reporting into the Account Management team, your responsibilities will include:
- Calling dealers to introduce them to our platform, understanding their intent to buy, their buying requirements and sentiment towards stock sourcing through us
- Onboarding dealers by means of telephone call, video call or webinar, explaining and demonstrating all elements of our platform to ensure they are fully equipped to get up and running with us
- Helping to remove barriers new dealers may face when joining our platform to ensure a smooth onboarding process
- Managing and responding to any initial queries or questions dealers may have about how our platform works
- Reporting to the wider business and key stakeholders on activation funnel statistics and taking ownership for ensuring the conversion in this area is excellent
- Actively encouraging dealer to bid and buy early on into their account being live with us
- You will work closely with the Business Development Team and the Account Management team, progressing dealers seamlessly between the two through their early lifecycle journey
- You must at all times strive to act in the customers’ best interest, delivering honest, fair, and professional services.
- Communication skills are essential. Relationship building is a key part of this role
- Proactive and goal orientated; you won’t be micromanaged but you will need to work autonomously to impact your own results
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues is crucial - this role will be a key bridge between our acquisition and relationship management teams
- Have some dealership/automotive experience although this is preferred not essential
- You will be confident in presenting, and talking to new people, handling objections and encouraging them to engage with our service
- Experience or ability to handle basic data in Gsheets/excel is essential
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce) for gathering information, managing daily workload
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and juggle conflicting tasks is essential
- Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
- Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
- Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
- Remote working: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
- Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
- Learning and development budget
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
- Refer a friend and get paid!
- Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021