We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
This role will have a dual reporting line into the COO and the People Team, and will take ownership of supporting our COO and his team with day to day operations, whilst also supporting our Culture and Inclusion manager to ensure our office and environment truly reflects our culture and values.
This is a great opportunity for an organised and flexible individual with experience in office and calendar management at executive level looking to carve out and grow in a role that they can add their own flair and creativity to.
This is varied role with 2 key elements:
- Supporting our COO and his team with tasks such as travel, expenses, meeting slide decks and calendar management
- Organising exec team events such as off-site meetings, quarterly board meetings, and ad hoc activities.
- Liaise closely with external stakeholders and our board members on a regular basis on behalf of our COO
- Provide ad hoc diary management and expense support to our UK MD, CMO and our CEO for Germany as required.
Due to the nature of this role, we would require you to be in the office a minimum of 2 days per week, whilst remaining flexible for additional days as per operational requirements.
- Supporting our Culture and Inclusion Manager to run the offices in London and Bournemouth, ensuring all areas of the office are well stocked and organised.
- Ensure kitchen, refreshments and stationary cupboards are regularly replenished, guests are welcomed and weekly breakfast is arranged in both locations.
- Work with the building management team in London to organise ad-hoc repairs, arrange new starter passes and offices are organised and well maintained.
- Support in organising monthly drinks in the office and assist with quarterly events as needed.
- Have worked in an Office management role previously with a breath of experience running and maintaining a large office site in addition to running events
- Have worked in a EA or similar role previously, supporting exec level roles
- Be competent in G-Suite particularly Google slides in order to support with COO slide packs and Board prep
- Have experience working/ liaising with Board members and their teams
- Be capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities, with strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong relationship building skills are essential - we’re looking for someone who can easily work with team members at all levels of the organisation
- Have experience in events management, coming up with new and inclusive ideas to keep staff from all backgrounds with varied interests engaged
- Demonstrate proactivity with fresh ideas who will help us see our offices through new eyes and take ownership of positive changes to our work environment
- Take pride in your work environment for you and your colleagues
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office for this particular role)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Head of Global People Operations
- Junior IT Technician
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)
- Office & Community Manager:in (m/w/d) Teilzeit mit 20-30 Stunden/Woche
- Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Transactional Finance Manager
- Media Operations Coordinator:in (m/w/d)
- Video-Editor:in / Cutter:in (m/w/d)
- Junior Project Manager (m/w/d)
- Videographer:in (m/w/d)
- D2C Partnerships Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Head of Global People Operations
- Global People Partner (m/w/d)
- Interim Head of Global Talent Management - maternity cover (FTC)
- Interim Head of Global Talent Management (m/w/d) - maternity cover
- Customer Experience Representative (German market)
- Online Marketing Manager:in - Affiliate Partnerships (w/m/d)
- Creative Strategy Manager
- Senior Data Scientist
- Media Operations Coordinator (m/w/d)
- Performance Marketing Manager - Germany
- Media Operations Coordinator
- Strategy & Insight Associate
- Senior Strategy Associate
- FP&A Analyst - Operations
- Recruiting Specialist (m/w/d)
- Praktikum Business & Operations Analyst (w/m/d)
- Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Junior Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Agency Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Revenue Operations Manager
- Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Specialist (m/w/d)
- OEM Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Media Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Team Lead Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- (Junior) Commercial Performance & Analytics Manager (w/m/d)
- Head of Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Business Development (w/m/d) - ab September 2023