We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
How you will contribute
People are at the heart of our business and we are passionate about making every employee’s journey at carwow a truly exceptional experience.
This is a unique opportunity to lead and develop our growing People Operations Team across our 4 territories (UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal). You will be focussed on the end-to-end employee journey - from setting up new joiners, compensation reviews and promotion - to everything in between.
You will bring your problem solving abilities, passion for exceptional service and building for scale, all with a truly global mindset powered by data and analytics.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, and working closely with the Head of Global Business Partnering and Head of Global Talent Management, you will have an impact on carwow’s mission from day 1. You will
- Lead, grow and develop our global People Operations team responsible for overseeing the entire employee journey in all our territories.
- Shape, and deliver on, a global People Operations strategy that powers carwow towards execution of its OKRs.
- Build, integrate and continuously enhance all People Operations processes and systems used by the business, with a particular focus on automation, efficiency, accuracy and seamless adoption.
- Manage the operational implementation of our regular People Operations cycles, including performance management, compensation, benefit and talent reviews,
- Use people metrics and data in your day-to-day decision making and planning, whilst regularly sharing reports with other stakeholders in the People & Talent Team.
- Provide leadership and oversight of People compliance, ensuring compliant processes and alignment with local and international employee laws and regulations (including right to work and privacy).
- Manage and maintain the quality, compliance, and accuracy of all people data, policies, processes, and procedures, applying global rules where appropriate.
- Maintain and share in-depth knowledge of local and global employment laws.
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match. Ideally you’ll
- Have worked in fast-paced (ideally tech) businesses.
- Have substantial People Operations experience in managing or leading a global People Operations team.
- Have broad technical experience - we know you won’t know all the answers, but you’ll know how to find them out.
- Show deep experience in making data-driven decisions, setting KPIs for your plans and providing reporting and analysis to stakeholders.
- Have a strong compliance, policy, and data management experience. Exposure of the UK compliance landscape is essential. Experience of operating in Germany, Spain or Portugal would be very beneficial.
- Experience in partnering and employee relations, including handling ER cases, would be beneficial.
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021