We’re looking for a Head of Customer Marketing to join our global Marketing team
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
We’re on a mission to give drivers total car confidence- to establish carwow as the number 1 destination for changing your car. Our customer marketing engine is fundamental to how we drive the growth and the value of our customer base.
As Head of Customer Marketing, you will report into the Chief Marketing Officer and will be tasked with using our CRM channels and our website to help our customers change their car - be it buying or selling in as frictionless a way as possible.
We are looking for a Customer Marketing leader that can work cross-functionally and with our Brand Marketing team to ensure we deliver a consistent customer experience across every single touchpoint to help guide investment and prioritisation.
Maximising our CRM tools and channels is pivotal to this role and you will work closely with the product and our marketing analytics team to drive a step change in our customer marketing.
You will own the planning and execution of our CRM strategy across our core markets of the UK, Germany and Spain and will be responsible for both driving customer engagement, maximising the value of our acquisition spend - as well as helping us monetise our customer base over the long term.
You will be responsible for leading the Customer Marketing team in ensuring that the business’s goals are met whilst you will work closely with the Marketing team as well as the Product team to deliver our Customer vision and to help deliver a compelling customer proposition..
You will thrive in driving change, have a track record in scaling and driving a CRM engine and have a rigorous focus on using data to make our CRM work harder but will also look to leverage our customer data to help shape our CRM strategy and approach.
- Develop and deliver a Customer Marketing strategy that drives customer engagement and enables us to monetise our customer base
- Lead a high performing team through operational delivery, optimisation and reporting of all CRM campaigns - to maximise customer LTV
- Work closely with the Product team to develop a compelling end-to-end customer experience and to bring to life our customer proposition - leveraging customer insight and data from our user testing programmes
- Plan, create & deploy effective, automated life-cycle campaigns across markets utilising our audience data.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, mentoring and support to the Marketing team.
- Drive innovative ideas and solutions in response to customer needs and changing market conditions
- Provide regular communication with key stakeholders, such as the country marketing teams, product teams and commercial teams
- Work closely with our retail media team to provide effective marketing platforms that can be monetised with our OEM partners
- Experienced customer centric Manager with a track record of developing and building successful CRM strategies
- Data driven with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- A self starter with strong strategic thinking with experience of scaling marketing funnels and growing customer LTV.
- Experience of managing/using complex CRM systems such as Iterable would be ideal
- Experience building automated, life-cycle email communications
- Experience in managing and understanding large sets of customer data would be preferable
- An ability to juggle multiple priorities and experience in working with multiple stakeholders across different levels and different areas of the business
- Experience of A/B testing methodologies and execution.
- Experience in working on a global scale, preferably for a D2C company
- Frank no nonsense attitude, first class communicator with excellent communication skills
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021