3–4 days/week at home
A little flex time
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
Working within the People Team, this role will report to the Global Head of People Partnering & People Operations and will support the delivery of best in class people administration service delivery across carwow. This is a phenomenal opportunity to have real impact within a supportive and forward thinking team.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who lives and breathes people administration and who is keen to grow in a role that they can add their own flare and flavour to. You will have the full support of a creative and agile team behind you and some of the key responsibilities you’ll deliver on will be:
- Supporting the production of reporting on People metrics, including providing data on recruitment, starters, leavers, transfers, and sickness.
- Administer and respond to People (HR) related enquiries logged through the ticketing system, signposting to relevant information and escalating to the appropriate team where required.
- Supporting the new starter journey by coordinating new starter welcome packages across all territories.
- Supporting the new starter journey by coordinating induction sessions including setting up the relevant meetings, sending out the necessary paperwork and forms, and ensuring the appropriate hand-offs with each team.
- Supporting the Culture & Inclusion Manager with tasks related to the implementation of the engagement survey, DEI survey and company wide initiatives.
- Support for Culture & Inclusion Manager on company meeting coordination/deck preparation
- Ensure that all new employees receive mandatory training: system training and access to people policies, compliance and GDPR-related training.
- Setting up internal training sessions (e.g. DE&I training, peer coaching etc) and keep track of attendance
- Collaborating and supporting global people projects alongside Legal, and Finance.
Be a pillar of expertise - we all bring different strengths to the table and believe in sharing our insight and expertise. You will bring strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of delivering best in class people administration support with the ability to work through volume at pace..
Be solutions driven - you’re not afraid to ask the tough questions and tackle problems head on to get us to the best solution for our people. If you don’t know the answer, you take ownership, research and share your solution proactively. You will have demonstrable experience of executing people administration with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Be collaborative and team focussed - We are strongest when we use our collective intellect and experience. If there is a blocker, we face it as a team and work to find a way under, over or around it. You will have experience working in a diverse team with an appreciation for different skills sets, view points, backgrounds and experiences.
Be confident using People systems- we have recently refreshed our HR Tech Stack and in this role you will be key to ensuring we get the most out of every system. You will have experience of maintaining a suite of HRIS systems with superuser status.
Be able to storytell with data- you will be able to leverage our systems to help you prepare datasets that are accurate and easy to understand.
Be an open and articulate communicator - You have excellent written and verbal English language skills with the ability to communicate clearly and articulately with your stakeholders. Whilst it’s not a prerequisite, it would be beneficial to have an understanding of another European language. Preferably German, Spanish or Portuguese.
🕔 hybrid working option (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to €550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Agency Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- OEM Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- IT Office Helpdesk Technician
- Revenue Operations Manager
- Partner Insight Specialist
- Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Specialist (m/w/d)
- Key Account & Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Trainee Sales Executive
- OEM Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Media Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Senior Product Designer
- Office Operations Manager
- Team Lead Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Head of Customer Marketing
- (Junior) Business & Operations Analyst (w/m/d)
- Head of Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Senior CRM Manager
- Marketing Analyst Intern
- Praktikum / Werkstudentstelle - Plattform Konfigurator (w/m/d)
- Business Analyst Intern
- Marketing Communications Specialist (w/m/d)
- Copywriter (w/m/d)
- Growth Marketing Manager
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Business Development (w/m/d) ab Mai 2023