3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn't be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We’re not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and we’re proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors like Balderton Capital and Accel.
We’ve launched carwow Spain in 2018 and built up a team of around 45 ambitious and highly-motivated people. carwow is a well known brand for spanish dealers and the majority of manufacturers working with us. As the leader in new cars, we attract more than 1.7 million website visits per month. Our Spanish YouTube Channel is the number 1 automotive YouTube channel in Spain and records +5m views every month and is still rapidly growing.
As one of the fastest-growing scale-ups, carwow is now seeking an exceptional leader to spearhead our business in the Spanish market. Reporting to the COO and working closely with peers across the global organisation, the Director General’s role of carwow Spain will include:
- Assuming responsibility for the full country P&L and end-to-end functional responsibility for the organisation in Spain. Delivering regular updates on country performance to the COO and the Board.
- Identifying business opportunities in order to meet ambitious growth objectives and market competitiveness as it relates to the regional strategy
- Identifying and communicating key market product requirements for market entry, and working closely with the COO and CPO to prioritise and execute these
- Build, lead, develop and manage a high-performing team
- Representing carwow externally, but also representing the culture and values internally
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical ability
- Sales driven personality with strong commercial skills
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to inspire and motivate teams
- Proven track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Highly entrepreneurial, probably with past experience in B2B/B2C platform models or consultancy background highly desirable
- Strong carwow cultural fit - determination, will-to-win and a desire to alway ‘make it better’, while treating people with respect and nurturing a sense of fun!
- Willingness to travel to UK / other countries on a regular basis
- Must be based in (or willing to relocate to) Madrid
- Fluency in Spanish as well as English
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation and food
- Discounted gym membership
- Home Office budget of €550